Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Ann Morrison Park

Monday night one of Kenedy's friends was having her birthday at Ann Morrison park in downtown Boise. Kefford didn't want Kenedy to drive herself that distance and she did not know who else was going to be going to this party to get a ride. We decided to take the family to drop her off and then we would take the rest of the kids to a different area of the park and play for a while. We let the kids play at the playground for a bit but they very quickly lost interest, I guess they are getting too old. They wanted to explore for a bit and so we walked down by the big water fountain where I captured Rylee walking by it. I wanted a picture of her looking at me but she was having a hard time hearing me because of the noise of the water. Finally I shouted loud enough and she heard me enough to turn and give me a smile.
While we were at the beach Kefford and Ryker played a little bit of frisbee with Andrew Brown. Andrew Brown is a very talented frisbee player and has been playing Ultimate Frisbee on teams for years so he is really good. He just had surgery on his knee to fix a torn ACL so he was not able to play really aggressive while we were at the beach but even in his weakened condition he was impressive to watch. Kefford brought our frisbee with us to the park he said so he can practice to get as good as Andrew Brown. Because of my pulled muscle I couldn't play with him and so he had Ryker who really wasn't wanting to play out there with him. 

While we were watching the guys play frisbee the girls and I took some pictures together. 
Rylee took some random pictures of me and then took one of herself, silly girl!

We found some deer statues which the girls liked and wanted to take pictures with. We found a sign right next to them that said "please do not climb on the deer" and the girls were hesitant to get on the rocks after we read that. I told them I am sure it meant to not climb on the deer and that if they just stood next to them it would be alright. They agreed and I got a couple cute shots with them and the deer.