Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rylee is 9!

Rylee turned 9!!!! Oh how this girl loves her birthdays, she has been excited for months and has told me many, many times exactly what she wanted for her birthday. She kept talking the day before about who was going to be the first person to wish her a Happy Birthday. She speculated that it would probably be her Dad because he is usually the one to turn on their bedroom light in the morning and wake them up, but, surprise, it was me! 
As soon as she got up she was wanting to open all of her presents. I let her open the present from her Grandma Bonnie which was skittles and money and then I let her have her new top and pants.

I posted this collage on Instagram to wish Rylee a Social Media Happy Birthday. She was such a cute and chunky baby and is such a beautiful 9 year old!
Of course I had a full day of dance classes to teach and the girls were so good and patient to come along and help me. I wish they could help me every day I have to teach. All my dancers behaved and danced better having "big girls" there watching and Rylee and Avynlea were such good helpers for me. I also loved having them in the car with me keeping me company, it was fun to talk to them about my classes and get their feedback on things they saw.  Rylee had my phone during most of my classes and spent her time texting her Aunt, her Grandma's, her friend Maryn and her Daddy. She sent pictures of herself to Maryn and Kefford and got Kefford to send a picture of what his day was looking like. She is hilarious!
For dinner we had Rylee's favorite, Spaghetti and meatballs, we had a late lunch and so nobody was too hungry and took small portions, including the birthday girl.
Finally she got to open the rest of her presents!
She loved everything she got but was most excited for the Art set. That was the present she has been talking about wanting for months. It was fun to see her so thrilled with the things she received! 
Rylee wanted an Oreo cake with Oreo frosting so I crushed up oreos and added it to the chocolate cake batter and then I put crushed oreos between the layers and on top of the cake. It tasted so good! Still not very hungry, everyone either took a really small portion or did not have any cake at all.


Rylee's Favorite Things
  1. Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs
  2. Dessert: Ice-cream sandwiches
  3. Candy: Skittles
  4. Color: green and blue
  5. Friend: Maryn Ross
  6. Scripture Story: When Jesus walks on the water
  7. Primary Song: Book of Mormon stories
  8. Radio Song: Shut up and Dance by Walk the Moon
  9. Book: Trading Faces
  10. Movie: Aladdin
  11. TV Show: The Amazing World of Gumball
  12. Toy: Stuffed Animal Bunny, Cheeks
  13. Thing to do: Swimming
  14. Place to go: YMCA
  15. School Subject: Reading and Art
  16. Favorite Restaurant: Golden Corral
  17. Favorite Sport: Basketball
  18. Favorite Disney Princess: Jasmine
5 Things I love about Rylee
  1. I love that she can be so independent and be fine with being on her own. If she has nobody around to play with it's not a problem, she is good with being on her own. A lot of times she actually prefers being on her own because then she can do what she wants without anyone else getting in her way.
  2. Rylee is starting to build her own testimony of this Gospel and reads her scriptures and really tries hard to say sincere prayers. She loves going to primary and activity days and loves learning about our Savior. I love the questions she asks when we are talking about Gospel principles because it shows she is listening and really wants to learn.
  3. This girl says the most random and funny things. She has a quick wit and is so much fun to be around. She likes making others laugh and has a really fun personality.
  4. Rylee is my cuddle bug and I love having her snuggle with me. She knows when I need a hug and is awesome at letting me know she loves me. She is also a hugger with her friends and cousins and I think it is cute to see her running up to them when she sees them and giving them a big hug.
  5. Rylee has big ideas as to what she wants to be when she grows up. So far the list includes, professional basketball player, artist, pilot and cowgirl. She has also told us that she wants to be a Bishop when she grows up so that she can listen to peoples problems and then tell them what to do. She is not appreciative when we tell her she cannot be a Bishop and does not think that is quite fair. I told her that being a Mom is awesome because I do a lot of listening to other peoples problems and telling them what to do. I am not sure she is convinced.
I love Rylee so much and am so glad she is mine!