Friday, March 4, 2016

Family Picture Wall

After 8 years of having the same decor on my living room wall I decided it was time for a change. I recently bought a canvas print of our family picture and while I think it is cool I am also trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with it in a year when we get a new family picture. It does not seem to be the easiest to store and throwing it out seems weird and a waste, I am not sure I will be getting another canvas any time soon. But, I do like it because it is different then anything else I have had and that is fun to change things up.
Avynlea and Rylee helped me take off the vinyl and it was a lot easier then I thought it would be, I was also worried about any sticky or weird residue left on the wall but it all came off really easy.
Before it all came off Avy wanted to just take off the letters that would then leave everyones nicknames, according to her.
It took me about a month to get the individual pictures up. I was not thrilled with pounding more nails in the wall, I wasn't sure how to configure it and it was just too overwhelming. The other day I was cleaning out a craft box and I found some command picture hanging strips I had hanging around. I gave it some thought and decided those would be perfect if I could get them to work. I tried the 4 I had on one picture and hung it up and waited a bit to see if it would stay or fall. After a while of it actually staying on my wall I got really excited and made a quick run to Wal-Mart to pick up some more. After I picked up the kids from school I finished my project and was so happy with the results. The command strips are amazing and worked so perfectly. I am really happy with how the wall turned out!