Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Beauty and the Beast

Kenedy was able to try out for the school musical and actually be in it this year. Last year she landed a part in the Musical but had to drop out because of conflicts with cheer. We were all so excited that she was going to be able to be in this one because it was Beauty and the Beast! Kenedy was a townsperson, a wolf and a few different enchanted objects...a spoon, a dish and a napkin. I bought tickets for our family to go see the play on Saturday night and was really looking forward to it!
Kenedy, Megan Warner, Keri Walsh, Kaci, Lauryn Warner, Ashlynn Rich, Carter Baumgartner
Lauryn Warner and Kenedy
Saturday night Kefford and I took our kids and met Trista and Austin along with Makayla and Ally at the school to watch the performance. Alison and Brit and her older two girls were supposed to come as well but they all were really sick and had to back out. I was able to sell Brits tickets, one to Ally, so she could get her money back and Alison gave her ticket to Makayla. It was fun that they could come and watch the play with us.
I was really impressed with Meridian High's performance of Beauty and the Beast. The costumes were awesome and it was such a fun play to watch. I had a really good time and loved watching Kenedy perform!
Austin Avynlea, Trista, Ally, Kenedy, Rylee, Ryker and Makayla


Kenedy, Lauryn Warner, Megan Warner, Kody Burch, Wilson Dowdle

Kenedy and Madison Black
The girls got to take a picture with Belle after the performance and Avynlea had to have a picture with the cardboard cutout of her favorite princess.
I made plans to go again the next Thursday because what this school does which I think is so cool is have two different main casts so that more kids can participate and Gabi was not in the cast performance I saw and I wanted to see her and some of Kenedys other friends who were not in the other one. Alison was feeling better and decided to come over to go with me. I was really glad she did because it was fun having her there and I know she enjoyed watching Kenedy as well. This was a popular play and tickets for each night were being sold out fast. The play started at 7 with the doors opening at 6:30 so we got there at 6 to buy tickets and they were already sold out! It was nuts how crowded it was in that lobby! I was feeling bummed out that we were not going to be able to get in but they put us on a wait list and we managed to get seats, hooray! 
I loved it just as much the second time watching as I did the first! There is a part at the end of the Be out Guest song where they let off confetti canons and the loud noise made me jump the first time I saw it so I wanted to make sure I was prepared the second time I watched it so I would not jump again. Well, I got distracted by something and my mind was not paying attention so during this second performance, when the canons went off I jumped harder and even let out a little scream it scared me so bad. I was so embarrassed! It was a good night anyway and I was glad to have been able to see it again!
Linder Ward Kids
Isaac Caroca, Kenedy, Megan Warner, Trey Hallenberger and Gabi Caroca

Kenedy and Grandma Alison