Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter

Our Easter weekend started with us going to Emmett for my niece Qiana's baptism. Brit sent me the picture she took of us with Qiana. Qiana looked beautiful in her white dress and I am happy we got to be there to witness her special day.
Later that evening I got to go with my girls to the General Womens Conference. I am so glad that they made it for girls ages 8 and up.,I love being able to go with all my girls. We went to eat beforehand at Arctic Circle. Rylee chose this place because supposedly they give free ice-cream, not sure what she was thinking because we were never offered any free ice cream. But we were too full after eating to even think about ice cream so who knows what would have happened if we did want some.
The meeting was great! Service was definitely a strong theme with most speaking on it. I love the council to serve those we live with and love and to also serve in our communities making sure to serve those in our neighborhoods. I also really enjoyed the talk on motherhood. What a wonderful meeting.
Sunday morning I made resurrection rolls for breakfast. This was my first time making them and they turned out really delicious. Once all the kids woke up they went on a little Easter egg hunt and then we talked about and read scriptures on our Saviors resurrection using "resurrection eggs". After we did that we watched a couple of videos on Jesus Christ pertaining to this time of year. I was really glad to keep the focus more on our Savior rather then on the Easter Bunny and candy. He made the greatest sacrifice for all of us and because of Him I will be with the ones I love forever.
Before we went to church I let the kids dye some Easter eggs. I love how they turned out and think the pearlescent colors so pretty. I was really happy with the kit I found and thought it was so easy and definitely was less mess.
Kenedy was not inclined to smile for the camera but I caught one after she thought I was done taking pictures. Since she would not look up at me and smile for the easter basket picture I was quite pleased with this one I managed to catch.
Before we left for church I made sure to get a picture of us all. I love this family of mine and am grateful we are together forever!
The kids had to have a bunny ears picture, they are so cute!

After church I made our traditional bunny cake and Avynlea gave it some eyes and a mouth. 

Definitely a great Easter Sunday!