Monday, August 3, 2015

Andrew and Ashleigh get Married!

The main reason for going down to California when we did was because of Ashleigh getting sealed to Andrew Brown. On Thursday we went to the Redlands Temple with them to take out their Endowments and then on Saturday we were off to the Los Angeles Temple for their Sealing. It was special in that the LA Temple was where my parents were sealed and Kefford and I were sealed there and Matt and Emily were also sealed there. It is an awesome tradition and I love any opportunity to go back.
I was in charge of being Ashleighs hair stylist and so I had to get up super early to start the process since she had to leave by 7:30. After her sealing, which was beautiful, I was able to go into the bridal room to help touch up her hair and put her headband in. It was fun seeing all the brides getting ready. If ever I were to work in the Temple I would want to be in the Bridal room :)
I loved Ashleigh's wedding attire, it fit her personality exactly. The dress had different layers of colored tulle underneath, red, orange, pink and yellow but only the pink was really seen. Her fun Vans were custom designed by her and also had the different colors of her wedding incorporated in them.  She was so cute!

Her bouquet was made up of Gerbera Daisies and had one red rose in the center. I asked her about the red rose and she said when she was in high school she was working on a video project and the rose she had needed for it she accidentally left at home. My Dad saved the day by bringing it to her and this was right before he died so the red rose was to represent him. She also had a Mickey sewn into the sash of her dress and one mickey sucker in every table top flower arrangement. All meant to remember Dad, I loved it!

All of the Lutes Grandkids with the Bride and Groom.
Siblings!

Kefford enjoyed taking some random photos of the happenings outside the Temple

My bodyguard and I                           Anita and Elizabeth

So fun and exciting for my girls to be with their Aunt on her wedding day!
Rylee thought it was fun to hold the Bridal bouquet for a minute or two.



We also had Heather take a couple of family pictures for us.


Because of the Drought in California the church has not been watering the huge lawn in front of the Temple as much and so there were a lot of brown spots. Luckily there were still plenty of green spots for wedding pictures and at least they had the Angel Moroni on top of the Temple unlike when I got married. They had him under renovations and surrounded by scaffolding.

Because Andrew Brown is a convert and the only member in his family they decided to do a little ring ceremony at the start of the reception to help his family feel a part of things. I was also in charge of putting together a playlist for the reception and Ashleigh mentioned right before the ring ceremony they needed a song to walk in to. My computer was there and already set up for the reception and so I looked in my "relaxation" playlist to see if I had something that would work and found "over the rainbow" by The Piano Guys. A perfect song to walk in to!
Their student ward Bishop officiated and I loved how he did things. He talked about why we do Temple Sealings and the significance and why Andrew Brown and Ashleigh chose this route. He gave good background on the building of Temples and really brought the Spirit to this ceremony. He really took advantage of this missionary opportunity.

I love this picture of Rylee watching the happenings so intently.
After they exchanged the rings Andrew Brown had a few words to say and then he said an opening prayer to start off the party on a good note. After that was done my playlist was started off with "tie the knot" by Kelly Clarkson, another perfect song, this time to start the party off!
Lots of people were there that I did not know, in fact most of the people there I did not know, but all of my family were so excited to see my Uncle Roy and Aunt Carol show up. He is my Dads only sibling and we have not seen him since my Grandma's funeral years and years ago. It was so nice to talk to both of them and catch up on things. I love them lots and really wish I had thought to take a picture with them. 
Heather had bought a ton of sparklers with the intention of using them to send off the happy couple. She had me put "i got a feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas on my playlist to play as the couple leave. All of this as a surprise to Ashleigh and Andrew Brown. There were still so many people at the end of the reception and everyone had two sparklers each so there was a lot of Sparkler action going on. So much so that the smoke was causing a lot of coughing fits and even sent Stephanie into an asthma attack. Despite all of the smoke inhalation it was so fun and cool to see all the sparkling lights and the music was a perfect touch!
While we were cleaning up Kenedy got a hold of my camera and decided to show off her strength by lifting Andrew in her arms


Andrew, Jeremy, Joshua
Staphanie, Elizabeth, Erin, Emily, Heather
Mom, Ashleigh and Andrew Brown
My family left early the next day because we wanted and needed to get home. Kefford snapped this picture of the girls in the second seat trying to get some sleep on the looong drive home. 
Kefford sent me some pictures he had taken around the Temple grounds.



I loved being able to come down to California for such an important occasion. It is always exciting to see another sibling getting married and having it done in the Temple is just icing on the cake. I love being reminded of how Families can be together Forever and am always so grateful for my Heavenly Father and the blessings I have from Him.