Thursday, August 20, 2015

Kelly Clarkson!

Wednesday I flew down to California solo to enjoy some me time with my family. My flight was earlier in the morning and so I packed a yogurt in my purse to enjoy and eat once I got on the plane. Unfortunately I was told at security that my yogurt could not go past. I either had to throw it away or eat it right there next to security. I was surprised that it could not go through since it was not a liquid but she said it is considered a liquid get and therefore not permitted. I was not about to throw it away so there I sat in my shoeless feet with my belongings in bins on the floor surrounding me. I am sure I looked a little crazy, but, whatever. I thought the entire thing was pretty ridiculous especially when I saw that my metal tool card made it through. Crazy priorities!
When I was here the end of July I was able to paint my Moms door for her. She liked mine but of course did not want to go that bright. I forgot to take an after picture so I made sure to get one while I was here this time around. It looks really pretty and I love the color she went with.

One of the reasons for me coming down was to go see Kelly Clarkson in concert. Heather is the queen of concert ticket getting and she managed to get Kelly tickets again. She got four and so I was able to go along with Mom, Stephanie and Heather, of course. The concert was in LA at the Staples Center and she had three pre show acts. The last one I really liked, it was an A cappella group called Pentatonix. I think A cappella is so cool and it always sounds like they have instruments backing them but it is really just their voices, I love it, they are so talented. 

The last Kelly Clarkson concert I went to I wanted to get a shirt but was not really enjoying the look of any of them so I passed. This time around I was happy to find a shirt that I liked so I got one! My Mom got the same one which is fun!
Kelly did not disappoint, she was fun to watch and awesome to listen too. While she was performing her song "Piece by Piece" she kept getting really emotional and was struggling to get through it. Finally she announced that this was not how she envisioned announcing it but she didn't want everyone to think she was crazy with her wacky emotions and that she was pregnant! That was so fun! She was able to finish her song but she had a hard time. I totally got it, pregnancy makes your emotions out of control!



It was a long night but really a lot of fun! I am always grateful for opportunities to be with my family and Heather is awesome at providing those opportunities for me!