Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Hunger Games!

After I posted about the decorations I did in Emily's classroom, Kefford's awesome cousin Taylor was super impressed and asked if I would help her out in decorating her husbands classroom. Of course I was totally onboard and more then willing to help out. I love doing creative stuff! Talon will be teaching 6th grade math this year and after I said yes I started thinking and panicking a little. Decorating a female elementary teachers classroom is super easy and the skies the limit. A middle school math classroom for a male teacher? A little bit harder to come up with things. Luckily I have Kenedy who is Pinterest obsessed and she sent me a pin that sparked my theme. Hunger Games, May the Odds be ever in Your Favor! Perfect for a math teacher. I ran the idea past Taylor and Talon and they liked it so I ran with it. These past two days I have spent decorating his classroom and I have to say it came out pretty cool. 
I knew I wanted to put flames up but my first attempt were an epic, ugly fail. So I looked up some ideas on Pinterest and found the perfect idea for some way cool flames.
Taylor had the idea to do a Panther Pride board and so we cut up the PRIDE poster and made a cool board. The middle school was sorely lacking in supplies in their workroom. We were able to find some borders to use but for the letters we went to the Elementary school and used their die cut machine. They also had a paw print die cut which was fun to use and a panther head die cut. That one we put over the door.
The kids all have to spend time during their advisory period reading a book which would explain why there was a bookshelf of books in the Math room. Once I saw that I knew we had to do something cool above it. This is what we came up with. Taylor put the letters up and I did the flames. I love it!
Finally the door. The saying on the door came from the original idea Kenedy pinned for me. It was a bit tricky with the window but I think we did a great job.