Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentines and more

While in California I put a heart in my hair like I did my girls hair. I really liked how it turned out, it was really cute!
Valentine's day was upon us and we looked on Pinterest for inspiration. Thank heavens for other people who have creative ideas and are willing to share their super powers. I am so tired of the cheap, generic ones the stores all sell...boring.
Avynlea went with a pig theme and used the toilet paper rolls I have been saving up. She painted them pink and hot glued eyes on them and made them into little pigs. We put Hershey's Hugs and Kisses inside and glued on a note that said "Hogs" and Kisses Love Avynlea. It was so cute and she did most of it herself. I was worried about the glue gun but she did awesome and did not get burned at all. Better then me for sure, I get burned all the time when I use the hot glue.
She then continued the pig theme by decorating her box to look like a cute little piggy.  We even added a curly tail.
Of course we put hearts in their hair and we made them even more festive by using the hair chalk to tint the hearts pink.

My friend drives carpool in the morning and she sent me and Allison a picture of all our girls who all had hearts in their hair. Great minds think alike. These girls all look adorable!
Avynlea, Claire Mortensen, Alayna Cottrell, Victoria Mortensen and Rylee

I am a little happy that cadbury eggs are in season right now and a little not happy because they are such a temptation being so delicious to eat. 
I took drinks in for Rylee's class party and I did not get a picture of them but I bought cherry kool-aid pouches and added a tag that said "Love Potion No. 9". My kids did not understand the No. 9 part of it and so I played the song with the same name on youtube so they understood it came from a song. Ryker later said that he had that song stuck in his head all day. 
Rylee had a really cute and easy Valentine, we bought little cereal boxes and put a tag on that said "I "Cereal-sly" like you Love Rylee" We tied a spoon onto it with a ribbon. So cute!
Since I was there for the delivering and opening of Valentines Rylee had me take her picture with her cereal and her box. I totally dig this kids style, high top tennis shoes with her cute dress was right up my style loving ally!
She also wanted a picture of her full box.

My phone has decided it does not have a lot of storage room and has been a huge pain with taking pictures. It randomly will not take pictures, rather, it tells me I do not have any storage space and cannot take a photo, so I did not get a lot of pictures on valentines day. I took Rylee's valentines idea and bought my kids each a box of their favorite cereal and wrote on a heart "I "Cereal" sly love you Love Mom" They thought it was a great gift! I had the kids help me good clean the house that morning for about two hours and then they had the rest of the day to play outside. Kefford and I went to the flea market to check it out and I found some little things to give Kenedy for her birthday. Then we went to the cheesecake factory, along with everyone else in the county it seemed. We waited about an hour for a table and when we were finally called I overheard the guy at the front desk tell a person it was an hour and a half wait. Since they told us 35 minutes I was guessing they would have to wait longer then the hour and a half. We had a great dinner and spent some good time together. I love this guy of mine! While we were waiting for a table we went over to the mall so that I could get some more Ariel socks. The ones I got last year I wear all the time and they are starting to get holes in them so I needed some new ones. I was excited to find some with different designs. 
Also after cleaning the girls got to open valentines from their Grandmas. We are lucky to have such fun Grandparents in our lives!! Ryker was outside playing and when he came in I tried to get a picture and that is when my phone decided to not be my friend. 

In a non-valentines note the other night I had prepared dinner and sat down to eat at our designated dinner time and realized I was all alone. Kefford was not home from work yet and the kids were all off doing different things. As I looked around the table I had the thought that here was my future. It was a little sad. Rylee came in a couple of minutes after I took the picture and when she sat down I said Rylee here we are looking at our future meals. She said "yup, after everyone leaves it will be me and you". I hope my kids live close so they can visit often. It would be sad if I could not see them as often as I will want too.