Saturday, February 7, 2015

Happy 10th Birthday Avynlea!

This girl just celebrated her 10th birthday and is so happy to now be in the double digits. Avynlea loves pancakes so for breakfast I, of course, made her pancakes and I added valentine sprinkles to the batter to make them more birthday fun!

After school, while dinner was cooking we let Avynlea open her presents.
Rylee wanted to get her some clothes and glasses for her American Doll. I had already bought the swimsuit set for Avy so I let Rylee give that to her and I also went to the store to see if I could find some glasses for her to give as well. Avynlea loved the swimsuit and glasses, they were so cute!
New clothes for the birthday girl to wear to church.
Turning ten is a little bit of a hard age to shop for. Too old for a lot of the toys and too young for make-up and such. I was not sure what to get her and then saw and decided on new bedding. Perfect! 

Grandma Bonnie sent Avynlea gummies and 10 fresh and brand new Dollar bills.


Avynlea's favorite color is blue and Kenedy wanted to put together a blue gift for her. Filled with all things blue. It was really cute and a creative idea.


Kenedy had some candy bars to sell and knowing that her Grandpa would most likely buy them all she sent them to the farm with Mikell. When Mikell came back later that week she dropped off the money and in the bag was a gift for Avy from her Grandpa Bob. He makes us all laugh!

Avynlea wanted hobo dinners for her birthday meal and of course she got to use the special plate.

I also let Avynlea help make her birthday cake. She said she wanted a funfetti cake and when I went to the store I found even more fun cake and so I bought that along with the funfetti frosting. When she saw what I bought she changed the cake making plans from cupcakes to a layer cake and it looked awesome and tasted awesome!


Blue and Orange cake! We love it!

*Five things I love about Avynlea*

1) She loves to help me in the kitchen and always wants to help cook dinner. I love that she is taking an interest in learning how to do things. It is fun to have the company but it is also nice to have her learning so that she can take over this job for me someday ;). I love spending the time with her one on one.

2) Avynlea had the cutest dimples and the best smile. I love being around her happiness and love when she makes me laugh, which is often. 

3) She likes playing the piano and challenges herself to get better by teaching herself to play harder things. She has been working on learning Love One Another and can play really good on one hand. I recently bought her a Disney Piano Book to learn to play because I thought it would challenge her and be fun. She has good skills and it is fun to listen to her play.

4) Avynlea works hard in school and always comes home and immediately gets started on her homework. She doesn't ever complain or try to get out of it she just does it and I appreciate that so much.

5) She is thoughtful and perceptive. She can usually tell if I have had a bad day and tries to help me feel better any way she can. I love listening to her talk and she likes to tell me stories about her day and things that are happening.

Pretty much I love this girl and am so grateful she is my kid. She is beautiful and fun and makes me very happy with her sunshine!

*Avynlea's Favorite Things* 

Dinner: pancakes
Candy: gummy bears
Color: blue
Dessert: ice-cream
Toy: Saije (American Girl Doll)
Book: Saddle-Shoe Blues
Primary Song: I am Trying to be Like Jesus
Radio Song: I'm on Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
Friend: Paige Little
Thing to do: Ride Bikes
School Subject: Art
Scripture Story: Adam and Eve 
TV Show: Girl Meets World