Friday, February 13, 2015

Birthday Surprise Day 2

The next day all the siblings met back together at Mom's house to get ready for her next surprise activity. But first Mom had some Birthday Presents to open. 
Someone snapped a picture of me doing my make-up, not sure who

Mom turned 70 but she looks so young that people expect her to be able to do more then she can. Even though she is tough and can do a whole lot more then most 60 year olds. So Heather and Joshua collaborated and made her this awesome shirt to wear around.

Heather got Mom this cute rain jacket

Joshua got Mom a new cell phone

And Erin made Mom an adorable love banner
After the presents we loaded up the cars and headed over to the cemetery to visit my Dad's grave. Emily and Stephanie made a couple of detours for flowers for Mom and the grave and doughnuts for the rest of us. It was a really nice time talking about Dad and our memories of him. He was an amazing man and we all miss him terribly. Before we left we got another group picture and I wanted a picture of my Dad's headstone, Joshua had Mom stand in front of it for a cool shadow shot.




After we were done Erin took Mom to run some Errends, and keep her out of the way, and the rest of us headed to the stores to get some supplies for the surprise party we had planned. We invited Mom's closest friends and her sisters for a Birthday Party for Mom which she had no idea about, of course. We had it at her friends house and we went over a little early to set up. We had sandwiches, chips, salads, cake and an ice-cream sundae bar. When Erin brought Mom she told her she needed to drop something off at Connies but when they got here they saw some friends walking up to the door and so Mom figured something was up. It was still fun and she was surprised her Sisters were there.



After we ate and visited for a while us kids presented Mom with her gift from all of us. We took my Dad's signature from a card he had given my Mom and had it made into a necklace, it was really cool and she loved it. A couple months ago I asked Heather if she would be sneaky and look through Mom's things to find something that had Dad's signature. Erin was there that day and she went into Mom's room to help her. They said they looked in so many places and were getting a little bit frustrated wham all of a sudden both of them had the same thought to look in the same place. They went over and there it was, the card with the perfect signature. Definitely my Dad was there helping them search.
After the gift I put in the DVD I made with all of the Grandkids telling their Grandma how much they love her with their Birthday wishes. It was really sweet and they all did a great job.









Such a fun party. I am so glad we got to celebrate this special Lady!

while I was gone Kefford sent me a picture of the bullseye Rylee got with the BB gun.
And Kenedy sent me some pictures from her cheer competition that was the same day as my Mom's Birthday. The first one was her telling me she missed me and the second one was the "pass" they had to use to go to the bathroom, hilarious. I was really sad to be missing her competition but I did see the first one and there will be others.