Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Spooky Books

We had parent teacher conferences last week and while I was at Rylees her teacher was telling me about the spooky Halloween chapter book she is reading her class right now. It got me to thinking about one I read when I was a kid but I could not remember the name. I was describing it to her and she knew what it was right away and she even had it there in the classroom. She pulled it out and told me I could borrow it to read to my kiddos. The book is called "The Dollhouse Murders" and I was so excited to bring it home and start reading it to my kids. Kenedy is not around in the evenings because of something she is doing for two weeks, and Ryker had no desire to listen to a Spooky story so it ended up just me, Avynlea and Rylee reading the book together. We have also, as a family, been watching Halloween movies this month. I love Halloween and I love watching Halloween movies with my kids. Most of them are Disney and are ones Kefford and I watched when we were kids. Movies that scared us then but are not a big deal now. My kids find them scary though so that is perfect.

This night after we read a few chapters from our book I was chilling on my bed with my girls when I realized Avynlea was singing some cute children songs. She said she learned them while being at her friends house and it was so cute watching and listening to her. She was singing "slippery fish" when I decided to take some pictures. What a little cutie pie!




Rylee started acting silly and so I turned the camera on her and then we took some of all three of us.






On Sunday I wanted to go on a walk and these two were the only ones willing to go with me. What am I going to do when I don't have anyone willing to go with me? Sad day. Luckily these two still like going and so we went on a short walk around the neighborhood. Avynlea noticed how cool the clouds look and wanted me to take a picture. Since I don't like taking pictures with out people in them I had the girls to pose with the clouds and then I could take a picture. She was right about the clouds looking pretty cool and I was right about including my two cute girls in the picture. 



Love these fun times with my kids!