Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Peterson Halloween Party!


About a month ago I had the grand idea to throw a Peterson Halloween Party. I immediately sent out an email to the sisters with kids and after telling them my idea asked what they thought. They all wrote back that that sounded like a great plan and so with that, Peterson Halloween Party 2014 was on!
I designed the invitation after looking for inspiration on Pinterest. I love the little bat on top!
The day of the party I had Rylee and Avynlea help me clean the house while Kenedy was at cheer and Ryker on a scout campout. They were troopers and really did a great job being helpers. 
Adults were not required to dress up but I went festive anyway. The hair piece I saw at a craft fair and while I really wanted it I did not want to pay the steeper price. My really good friend Cristal was there with me and said she would buy it for me for my birthday. I happily agreed to this arrangement and have been looking forward to wearing it all month! I have to say I looked pretty cute ;).

I decided to keep it simple with the food and to just do soups and rolls and then some desserts. Everyone said they would help and so I handed out food and dessert assignments. Whitney, Mikell and I were doing soups, Gwen, Brit, Michelle and Kylie did dessert and Alison brought bread bowls and rolls.  


































After we ate and before we played games we had all of the kids gather together for a group picture. They all looked so cute in their costumes and it was so fun to be able to see them.



back row: Brielle, Rylee, Qiana, Kenedy, Sadie, Ally, Avynlea and Xander
middle row: Tayvia, Brooke, Mikayla and James
front row: Asher, Bailey, Madison, Ryker and Jenna

I wanted to do some games and after looking on Pinterest and asking Emily for some ideas I came up with some cute ones to do. We did a witch's hat ring toss, bean bag toss and a pumpkin punch. The witch hats I made out of party hats and construction paper and the day of the party noticed I did not have any rings to toss. I asked Ryker, the king of tin foil sculptures, to make me three rings out of tin foil, which he did, and they were awesome. I had my kids make ghost suckers as the prize for that game. For the bean bag toss I made bean bags using halloween fabric from last years pillowcases I made and then bought three spooky boxes from the dollar store to toss the bags into. The prizes for this game were miniature candy bars. For the Pumpkin Punch I spray painted a foam board black and then I filled orange cups with a miniature candy bar and a spider ring. I then hot glued orange tissue paper over the cups and hot glued the cups to the board in a pumkinish shape. That one looked really cute and was my favorite! It was a little chaotic for the games but the kids had fun and I did not care too much. I had bought little pumpkin shaped treat boxes and wrote each kids name on them. Once they collected their prize they were to stick the candy in the box with their name on it and leave it there until after the party. I really did not want 17 sticky kids wandering around my house with chocolaty fingers and sticky suckers so that is what I decided to do to help prevent all that from happening. For the most part the kids were good about leaving them alone until it was time to leave.




















This was such a fun night! I love any time we can all get together as a family and I am so happy with how this idea all came together and turned out. Everyone had a good time and enjoyed being together and a lot of fun memories were made.