Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Conference Sunday

This past weekend we got to listen to conference. The kids have been begging to go visit the farm and so on Saturday we did just that. I did not get any pictures but the kids had a lot of fun and I was able to get some busy work done on the computer and at the table during conference. It helps me to concentrate and stay awake to be doing something while watching. When we came home I found a muffin in a brown paper bag left on the front porch for me. It was from the Primary President thanking me for my service in Primary. I have been in my Nursery calling for over two years now and it never gets old, I love it!

The next day, Sunday, we gathered to watch Conference at home. After the first session I decided to go on a Sunday walk since it was such a beautiful day outside. Avynlea and Rylee came with me again but Avynlea headed back home after a block because she was tired and did not feel like going on a long walk. Rylee and I walked to the Elementary school by our house and walked the walking path, she wanted to see what a school other then her own was like. We saw the map of the USA painted on the playground and so I had her stand in Idaho so I could take a picture. 
We got home right before the last session was to start and we discovered the other kids had pulled out the paints and were painting Halloween Decorations. The were at the table and wanted to move their stuff into the Family Room to watch conference and I said that was not a good idea. They did not listen and I assumed Kefford told them OK so they moved their paint in. All was going fine until Rylee spilled some blue paint on the carpet. Luckily I got it cleaned up fine, but that ended the fun of painting in the Family Room.




After dinner I made a batch of Caramel Popcorn and we settled in to watch "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" Most of the kids had not seen it and Alison let us borrow their VHS copy. It was an enjoyable time watching the movie and eating the most delicious Caramel popcorn. I took a picture of the remains of our treat, why is it that no matter how much I scrape and stir, there is always a pool of caramel on the bottom of the bowl?
We had gotten "Booed" a couple of days ago and so we decided to "Boo" a couple of families in our Ward. We got our treats together and the "Boo" paper and off we went. Rylee and Ryker delivered the first treat and did a smooth job. In and out and we were on our way before the door was opened and we were caught. Avynlea and Kenedy did the second house and did a good job despite Avynleas giggles. As they were running back to the car Kenedy managed to jump in but Kefford started driving away before Avy could get in. I tried grabbing her but I couldn't so Kefford had to slow it down so the giggle monster could jump in. Everyone had a lot of fun secretly delivering our treats and want to do it some more. It is a fun way to do some service and let people know they are loved.