Sunday, March 23, 2014

Get your Craft on!

I am the Nursery leader in my ward and I absolutely love it. It is the greatest place to be and I love my little Nursery kids. Since I am in charge I get to do what I want and one thing I love to do with these kids is crafts. So the first 15-20 minutes of our Nursery schedule is spent doing some type of seasonal craft. The day before St. Patricks day we made these adorable St. Patricks day hats. When Avynlea and Rylee saw what I was going to have the Nursery kids make they told me to save some so they could do it also. 
Before they could start making their craft after church I had them pose for a couple of pictures. I got these cute skirts at a craft fair back in November and was going to give them to them for Christmas. After seeing how much they were getting for Christmas I decided to save them for their birthdays. Avy got hers on her birthday and wore it to church and Rylee got hers on her birthday, this day, and wore it to church. Avy wore hers also today so they could kind of match. Rylee looks taller in these pictures but that is only because she is wearing her semi high heels and Avy is barefoot and kind of slouching. In all actuality we found out at their well child checkup a couple of days earlier that despite being two years apart these two girls weigh exactly the same and Avy is half an inch taller. So crazy, no wonder so many people think they are twins. It is pretty fun that they can share clothes and they have been really good about sharing the same closet. Just like me and my sister always did! ;)



Now onto the fun crafts. :)



Rylee got a bath bomb factory from Grandma Alison and was pretty anxious to make some fun things with it. I love that the kit came with gloves and goggles and that she kept them on the entire time she was crafting. Ryker took all of these pictures for me. :)









When she was done making her bath bomb she had the crazy idea to test it out in the bathroom sink rather then waiting or asking to do it in the bath. So that one was a waste but luckily she has plenty more to make and enjoy!