Thursday, March 13, 2014

First Stake Dance!

Now that she is 14 Kenedy gets to start going to the Stake Dances. I remember Stake Dances were a big part of my teenage years and always having so much fun with my friends. I was really excited for Kenedy to be able to start going. She has been planning to attend her first dance with her Bestie Hannah but the day before Hannah, who has moved to a new ward, told her that she was instead going with her new Young Womens group. I was disappointed for Kenedy at being ditched but I encouraged her to think of some other girls she could go with and she ended up going with Hannah Brugger from our ward and a couple of other kids from the ward. Nice for me because even though I said I would drive I didn't have to, Hannahs Dad did the driving. I did take some pictures of Kenedy getting ready and since she knows I will take pictures, even if it is not appreciated, to smile for the camera. A couple of days before this dance Kenedy told me that she wasn't sure on how she was supposed to dance at these things. I gave her some advice and then Avynlea and I turned on my ipod and tried to get Kenedy to dance with us but she would not. So Avy and I danced and showed Kenedy it was not a big deal. I told her to dance however she felt and when in doubt just copy the other kids.






I was in bed when Kenedy got home so I didn't get a chance to ask her about the dance until the next morning. While getting ready for church I asked her how her night went and she said she had a lot of fun. I did tell her the night before that if a guy asked her to dance she had to say yes. If she got asked more then once by the same boy she had to give him 2 dances and then she was free to tell him no thank you. She did have boys asking her to dance but none more then once so that was good. I am glad she had a good time and hope that her experiences are always good!