Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scout Pack Meeting

Last week was Rykers first Pack Meeting. I having never been in the boy scout program did not know what Pack meetings were. So apparently the families all go with their scouts and this is the time that any badges or patches that have been earned get handed out. We got there fairly early because Kefford had some Bishopric stuff to do so the waiting around got old but when the Scout Master came in looking for volunteers to help in the flag ceremony Ryker was pleased as punch to be able to volunteer. Ryker was so cute walking in with the troops flag. I really love seeing him so excited about things, it never gets old!



How cute is my boy? Granted his eyes look a little wonky but that is what happens when you take a picture of someone in the middle of a blink.

Ryker earned his Bobcat patch and so he was awarded that one this night. They pinned it on upside down because he had to do a good turn in order to get it turned around the right way. I thought that was odd but it's tradition and I guess it is a good thing. :0) His good turn was to clean up some in his sisters room. What a good brother!

After he got his patch he was given a pin that was a smaller metal version of his patch and was told it was for me and he needed to pin it on me. Scary! Ha! I knew it was coming and so I wore a sweater to make it easier on both of us. No pin sticks here! Kenedy had achievement days that night and could not make it so she gave us her camera and told us to take pictures. I never got around to it..oops..but Avynlea took it upon herself to try to get a picture and so in the bottom picture you can see our own little paparazzi. Too bad she couldn't figure out how to work the camera and thus no pictures for Kenedy. bummer.