Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lessons learned at the library

I took Rylee to the library today because she loves it there and I had some books on reserve. When we first got there she wanted to play on the computers so we did. I let her play for about half an hour and then it was time to be heading home. Before we went to the check out desk I let her pick a movie to get and then we went to check out. For some reason she decided she needed to be loud and so she started this really annoying screaming yelling thing. I told her to knock it off and she kind of did. I did not have my library card, I had Kenedys, and there was a book that I had reserved that had come in but was not on the shelf yet so I asked if the librarian could get it for me. She said that since I did not have my card I would need to show my ID. That was in the car so Rylee and I walked out to the car, got my ID, left the books and movie we already checked out and walked back in to get my other book. While the girl was off finding the book Rylee started edging away towards the doors I told her to stay inside and I kept an eye on her. She was standing right by the door just waiting when this kid opened the door and walked in. Rylee saw the opening and ran out. I ran out after her and yelled for her to stop she looked at me, laughed and kept running. I finally caught up to her and when I grabbed her I told her that was not OK and that because she was naughty she had to take back the movie she picked. She started crying and was super loud but I ignored that I took her by the hand went back in got the book I wanted walked back out out to the car got the video and marched her back in and made her put the movie in the return slot. She was not happy and was really crying/ screaming hard. Once we got back to the car I gave her a little lecture about why what she did was wrong and why she had to put the movie back. I really hope she learned her lesson cause I do not want to have to go through that again!