Monday, June 1, 2009

end of year recital

Kenedy had her last piano recital on Friday. She tried practicing it earlier and had to get out her book cause she couldn't remember parts of it. But she gave it a whirl a couple of times and quickly got re familiarized with it. So it cam time to go to the recital and it was only Avynlea and I who went with her because Kefford was not feeling well and the other two just needed to be left at home with him. I was supposed to bring a treat to share and I had no time that day to make anything so I grabbed my package of peanut butter Oreo cookies out of the pantry. I was really hoping nobody would want them because they are my favorite and sad to say I wanted to be a little selfish and keep them for myself, but no such luck, they were gone pretty quickly.
Kenedy didn't bring her piano book, on purpose, and on the way over got a little nervous that she might forget her piece. I reassured her, told her she would do great , and then got a little nervous for her myself. But you know what? She did GREAT! She was the only one who did it without her book and she did it perfectly. Her song was called "whirling Leaves" and it is a very pretty song, she liked it a lot and was happy to play it for her recital.
Take a bow baby! All of the kids were instructed to introduce themselves, say the song name and then when they were done to take a bow. It was really cute and I loved seeing her "embarrassed yet so pleased with myself" smile when she was done!
At the end all of the kids got a certificate of achievement from their teacher Darci.
Great job Kenedy we are excited for you as you develop this talent on the piano!