Friday, May 29, 2009

Fieldtripping with Ryker

Last week Ryker was FINALLY able to go on his Kindergarten field trip to the Zoo. He has been anxiously anticipating this trip for weeks! I signed up to go with the kids on the bus and be one of the chaperone's. It was kind of fun for me to share this experience with Ryker. I love how excited he was about everything..like a cute little puppy! :)
I had to get a picture of him climbing on the bus for his first bus ride. One of the big bummers for my kids is that they don't ride the bus to school seeing as how we live only a few blocks from it. So the first bus ride is always a big treat!
Thank you to Rykers teacher for giving me the group of "rowdys" to hang out with and keep track of. :) They were basically good kids I just had to keep reminding them not to run ahead and please stay with me so that I can see you!
Ryker liked this fun replica of a giant Komodo Dragon. We were looking at the real one and all the kids were calling it a lizard. When I told them it was actually a dragon they thought that was SO cool and couldn't stop talking about it..until we moved on to the next thing :).
Our little Zoo Boise now has Camels, Lions, Giraffes and Hyenas living in residence. It is fun to see the growth and the new African exhibit is so fun and looks more like a large scale zoo instead of the tiny one it has been. I love all the new things but I hope the prices stay the same! :)
Yee-Haw! You ride that Camel!
We had a good time and I really enjoyed spending time with Ryker. He is so cute and I love to watch his excitement over things. He sure does keep life fun!