Saturday, June 20, 2009

Heather Graduates!

Today my sister Heather graduated from Cal State San Bernadino with her Masters degree in Environmental Sciences! I really wanted to fly down so I could be there for her graduation but, Alas, I could not get a ticket. Booo! But I was able to watch the graduation online with live feed directly from the ceremony. This was really exciting and quite the process for me here in Idaho. Let me share with you in my journey!

Here I am watching the live feed. I tried to look interested and engaged in the speaker but lets face it, it is a graduation and the speakers are not all that engaging or interesting.

Singing along with the national anthem. Yup I sang, yup I sounded not good! But I am patriotic, I didn't stand though, is that wrong?

Wait! I just lost the feed. Oh no! Now i am not happy!

I was having a hard time getting the feed back and I was starting to get a little stressed so I had to eat a brownie to calm me down. I just did not want to miss Heather walking and I was afraid that I would.

PHEW! After about 5 or 10 stressful minutes I got the feed back. I had to completely shut down my computer and restart it again. But I got it back in time and I was able to skip listening to the boring speakers..hehehe!

Heather has Graduated! I am so proud of her with her little Masters Hood. She even gave me a secret signal to let me know she knew I was watching. I saw you Heather and it made me tear up! :)

Does this mean I have to call her "Master Haather"?

YEAH!!!! I am so happy I got to watch this. It takes the sting out of not being there in person for sure! What a happy time for our family. I think what makes it the most special is knowing how proud my Dad would be of Heather. He always placed a special and great emphasis on education and this would have made him so happy. I am sure he was watching somewhere!
Congratulations Heather! I am so proud of you, love you ugly!