Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Fathers Day Kefford!

Usually for Fathers Day I would have the kids help me make breakfast for Kefford. But Kefford has early Sunday meetings and while I would have gotten up I didn't want the kids to get up that early. Church starts at 12:30 which is right when naptime should happen so I needed Rylee to get as much sleep as possible so she would be happy at church. So he left and later the kids woke up and I got them all fed and ready for church. We pulled in Keffords big Fathers day gift and when we heard the pickup pull into the garage I had the kids pose around it for the big "Surprise"!

Yeah Happy Fathers Day Daddy! A brand new gun safe. I had told Kefford a couple months ago this is what he was getting and that he had to pick it out himself. So it has been sitting in our garage for a while.

Kefford was quite happy to see all of our cute kids lined up to surprise him.

Then it was time for hugs. Notice how Kefford is busy inspecting his safe while getting hugged? Classic man!

With a little bit of help he got it out of the box and opened it up to check it out.

I love this great man! Kefford also got beef jerky and new pants for church. After church I made him a yummy dinner of pork ribs, corn on the cob, jello and potatoes. After dinner I cleaned up and then we watched Prince Caspian. We paused the movie in the middle so we could eat the fabulous cheescake I bought from Costco. This dessert is a favorite of mine as well as liked alot by Kefford so we both scored! :)

I think Kefford had a great day. We really tried hard to show him how much we love and appreciate him and I think we did a good job.
So now because I rarely do this I am going to list 9 things that make Kefford a fantastic Dad in honor of his 9th year of being a Dad.
1) His incredible patience with the kids
2) The way he includes them in his favorite activities.
3) How hands on he is with night time rituals.
4) Taking time to spend one on one time with each one.
5) Playing outside with the kids.
6) Kenedy loves that he plays with her, is really nice and that he takes her on bike rides with him.
7) Ryker loves that he takes him four-wheeler riding.
8) Avynlea loves her Dad because he gives her treats.
9) Rylee loves to snuggle with her Dad and she loves it when he tosses her up in the air like a rag doll.
So there you go we love Kefford and are very happy to have him in our lives!