Saturday, June 27, 2009

All about Rylee

The other night at dinner Rylee wanted to get down from her high chair. I told her that she needed to finish eating her chicken before she got down. When I looked a little bit later I saw an empty plate sitting on her tray.

I noticed something suspicious about the whole thing so I looked a little closer to find this...

hahaha is she a clever duck or what?

For the past couple of month Rylee would tell me she wants to wear panties and sometimes would even use the toilet when I would put her on it. So I would let her wear some panties but would always quickly switch back to diapers when she peed in them. This last Monday, same story. She wanted to wear panties. The difference this time? She went on the potty three times and one of those times it was a number two. I figured this girl has been wanting to use the potty and be a big girl for a while now so I was going to do it. Normally we do it around 3 but she really wanted to so who am I to say no?

I got her some Dora panties as well as Minnie mouse and pony and I also picked up a bag of M&M's for a reward. She has done OK this past week. Sometimes telling me when she has to go, sometimes going when I ask her and then we also had quite a few accidents.

Yesterday was a great day for Rylee. She did not have any accidents and even went on the potty when the babysitter was here. She has also been waking up dry from her naps and in the morning. On Thursday I put a diaper on her for her nap, only a diaper, because I was still leery about peeing in her bed. She wasn't wanting it on but I made her and put her to bed. When I went in to check on her she was sound asleep and she was also completely naked! The stinker had taken her diaper off! It made me laugh and also told me that she is done having diapers on. Oh my little baby is growing up!