Monday, July 31, 2023

Tubing and Snow Cones

Ashleigh and I were just messing around with my phone. I have loved having my family here in town, especially Ashleigh and her littles, they don't get to come as much and so it is nice that she was able and wiling to make the sacrifice to come with her kids and be with us.
On Sunday Ryker gave his homecoming talk and bonus Avynlea also was asked to speak.  They both did a great job and I was grateful to have family come and listen and that family were able to zoom and watch. I got a roast and told the Petersons who were coming that we would do lunch after. I told everyone to bing a side and assumed that we would be good. Unfortunately and embarrassingly we ran out of meat and so by the time it got to the last few which was me and some in my family there wasn't any left. I thought I had bought enough and spent about $30 on the meat so it was pretty embarrassing that I did not have enough. I should have done more sides on my end but I assumed that with what everyone brought it would be enough but it was not. I think some of the family members who were first in line did not take into account that there were a lot of people after them and took more than they should have. I saw lots of plates being thrown away that had food on them which was frustrating. I guess I learned for next time to really over plan and make sure there is more than less.

Kenedy and Ty were heading out later that afternoon and I had all the kids get together for a picture before they took off. Kefford said something to Kenedy that hurt her feelings and made her cry and it was pretty sweet to see Ryker talk to her and Ty to make them feel better before they left. I love seeing the tender side of Ryker come out and really appreciate how much his mission has helped him grow.
We also took a family selfie, all together again which is how I like it. unfortunately it was short lived since Kenedy and Ty left soon after.
Ryker spent a little bit of time hanging out with Atticus who enjoyed playing in our dirt patch. 
For Monday plans we had talked about going out to Nyssa to go boating with Whitney and her family on their boat but Ashleigh was hesitant and not wanting to do the drive with her littles since the next day they were going to start the long drive home. I understood and we decided that Kefford would go with Ryker, and Avynlea,  Rylee had a babysitting job and couldn't go and the rest of us would stay here at the house.
Those left in Meridian went out to lunch and we decided on Waffle Love since most have not been there. It was delicious as always and we had fun being together one last day.

Later when the boating gang came back we went and got snow cones. Kefford and Ryker opted out but the rest of us went and enjoyed eating snow cones together.
Heather, Elizabeth, Bonnie and Ashleigh

Avynlea, Atticus and Rylee

Abigail and Ashleigh

Kefford sent me the pictures he took of them tubing and I can't really tell who is in the pictures but in the big far left picture I think it is Ally, Maddie and Avynlea