Monday, July 24, 2023

Elder Peterson Week 96

Here's the deal. Our car got towed last night because one of the people in the leasing office failed to put in our car's information when we gave it to them 2 months ago. So we are busy figuring out this mess, so I don't have a lot of time to write those. To keep it brief I won't talk about my week. Just know that it was good and we talked to some cool people and had a couple lessons. I will write my testimony and then leave it at that.


Over the past two years I have learned more than I ever expected I would. My faith in Jesus Christ has grown and my testimony has been built high upon the foundation of the Lord himself. I've heard His voice through the scriptures and the testimonies of others and I have seen His hand through countless miracles and what can only be explained as divine intervention. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ and the only begotten of the Father. Jesus Christ is our Savior and the only reason the Plan of Salvation is possible. Through His eternal sacrifice, the Atonement, we have the possibility and privilege of repentance and change. Our purpose and destiny is to return to the presence of our heavenly parents and to inherit all that the Father has on condition of our faithfulness to His Son. Jesus Christ did restore His gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith, for he did, in fact, see and converse with God the Father and God the Son through the power of God the Testator (the Holy Ghost). The Godhead consists of 3 separate personages whose work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Joseph Smith was given power and authority from God to restore eternal truths that we need to know in order to receive all that the Father has offered. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God on earth, and that is an unalterable fact. This church is led by a modern prophet who was chosen by God to lead His church and deliver the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. I was called of God to serve in this mission and to these people. I know that Jesus Christ leads this work and that His Gospel will be heard by every nation, kindred, and tongue before the Lord's inevitable return.
I know these things, and much more, by my own experience, by overwhelming evidence, and by the power of the Holy Ghost. This knowledge is granted unto all who sincerely seek it. God is not a respecter of persons and loves all of His children. This is my testimony and I thank my God for it. I testify of these things by the power of and in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen(?)
(I don't know if closing a written testimony with "amen" is necessary, but whatever).

I'll see some of you soon!

- Elder Ryker Peterson