Monday, August 7, 2023

Helping Mrs Ross

While in town Kenedy asked if I could come to Utah to help her set up her classroom. I didn't have anything going on and thought it would be go to help so Rylee and I went to Salt Lake City to help get her classroom put together. Kenedy is teaching 1st grade at a new school some had a lot to do to get the classroom looking how she wanted it. We got there on Wednesday but too late to go to her classroom so we spent time with them in their apartment and then went on a walk around their neighborhood. The area they live in reminded me of a little Seattle and it was fun to walk around and see the area. There is a whale statue in the middle of a roundabout that Ty, Kenedy and Rylee got close to so I could get pictures of them.
Thursday and Friday we spent in her classroom getting it ready. Kenedy wanted all of the green walls covered with the orange, pink and white squares and we spent a lot of time doing that. When Ty left I stopped cutting out stuff Kenedy had laminated and started working on the checkered walls. When Ty got back he didn't like how it was done, I definitely did not do it as carefully as he did, so he took his job back, redid what I had done and carried on. I didn't mind, I was just happy to not have to do the wall anymore, it was tedious and not fun.


I put together this bulletin board which turned out super cute and I also cleaned out the drawers the sink area and the utility closet and organized them all. That is the work I like to do and I felt a real sense of accomplishment.



By the time we were done we had accomplished a lot and we all felt pretty proud of our work. Kenedy. Rylee and I then went over to Emily's new house to visit and while we were there Joshua and Mallory showed up with their kids. I spent a while in the backyard with Amos, Fredrick and Leona and it was fun to have alone time with them. While we were out there I learned that Amos wants to be an engineer, Fredrick wants to be an artist but not only one who paints and Leona wants to be an astronaut when they grow up. Leona also spit in my mouth which was not fun but I told her gross and do not do it again and let it go.

Joshua's family left and Kenedy, Rylee and I went to dinner with Emily, Matt and Emily's friend Cassie. While we were eating a massive storm blew in and we watched the rain pound for a little bit. By the time we left the rain had stopped and I drove us back to Salt Lake. During the drive we got caught in another massive rain storm and it scared me because by that time it was dark and it was hard to see through the rain and I white knuckled the steering wheel most of the drive. We got back safely thank heavens. That was all Thursday night and Friday night after we were done in the classroom we went shopping at Albion  and ate dinner at Kenedy's and then walked down the block and around the corner to get a treat. Kenedy and Ty got snow cones and Rylee and I got ice cream. While on our walk Rylee found a cute Kitty to cuddle.

Rylee and I left to go back home Saturday morning and on Monday Avynlea and I went out to dinner with our Cheer Besties, Amy and Paige and Diana and Natalie. Our girls were leaving for college and we wanted to get together one last time before they did. It was fun to be with them all and hopefully we can have more opportunities in the future to come back together.



 l-r: Avynlea, Paige, Diana, Amy, Elizabeth and Natalie