Friday, July 28, 2023

Ryker Returns With Honor!

Ashleigh and her kids, Mom, Heather and Erin came into town Thursday to welcome Ryker home. Friday morning we getup and went Blueberry picking. I thought it would be fun for Atticus and Abigail to pick blueberries and this was the best time to do it. 
After Blueberry picking we went back home and cleaned up and got ready to go to the airport for Ryker's arrival. Of course his plane was delayed but luckily by only about 30 minutes. I was anxious and excited and ready for Ryker to come home, luckily the days and hours leading up to his arrival went pretty quick.

We had a lot of family come to the airport to meet Ryker. His MTC companion Elder Frogley was also flying in so we had double the crowd and it was a lot of people waiting outside the gates. The security kept telling us to move and didn't want us blocking the way for the people arriving. We tried our best to make room for them to get through and I thought we were doing a pretty good job. Of course Ryker was one of the last to come through and I was feeling pretty anxious for him to finally appear so when he did it was pretty exciting. As he was walking through the gates the security asked if all these people were here for him and when he confirmed they were the security told him to make us all move. We tried our best but like I said there were a lot of people waiting for the two missionaries so it was hard. I was finally able to give Ryker a hug and of course I was crying. I don't know why I have become so emotional but that is where I am at I guess.  Once I got my hug we all moved over and out of the way and Ryker got to greet all of his family he has not seen in two years.










Caleb, Ryker, Garrett, Leah and Michelle                                   Ryker and Bailey

Qiana, Asher, Hazel, Kelsey, Brielle, Xander, Ryker, Brit and Tayvia

Sadie, Madison, Ryker, Laney, Whitney, Kinsey and Dillon

Elder Frogley and Elder Peterson


Grandma Bonnie and Ryker

It was so mice to have Ryker finally home, I think he was a little shell shocked and still in the missionary mode so it was hard for him to just sit around and visit. I love having him back home and love seeing the positive changes in him. It is nice to have my family all back together and complete again.


Avynlea skipped out in the early evening and went with her friends to the High School to be extras in a movie that is being shot. She had fun and maybe we will get to see her on the big screen in the near future.
Avynlea, Anna, Saide and Madison