Monday, July 10, 2023

Elder Peterson Week 94

Well... I am extremely frustrated right now. I wrote the entire email and then the whole thing disappeared. So this is my second time writing it. I have much less motivation to write now, so this is not going to be very long.

We had a lesson with Mary Ann last week and this is what I wrote in my journal:

"We had planned with her to meet over zoom at 6. We got on the zoom and got everything ready and then texted her the zoom link. In response we got one of those messages that says we are blocked. We about panicked. We had no idea why she would block us, in fact it seemed like the absolute last thing she would do. She’s on date to get baptized on the 15th and is super excited for it. We had to make a change to our plans since that lesson fell through, so after some praying we decided/were prompted to stop by in person and see what’s up. We were hoping that she had accidently blocked us, and that it was not on purpose. After some contacting in a different neighborhood we showed up at her house around 8. She was already outside sweeping out her garage and when she saw us she was super happy and waved us over. She told us that she ran out of service or something like that. Her phone couldn’t receive texts or calls at that time. She was glad that we came though because she still wanted to have our lesson. So, since she lives alone, we set up some chairs and sat outside. We were a little nervous for our lesson today anyway, because we planned to discuss the Word of Wisdom and we know that she drinks coffee. The lesson went AWESOME! She kept commenting through the whole thing that she knows that it is from God and that he is looking out for her. When we got to coffee she acknowledged that it would be difficult to stop drinking it, but that she wants to stop and is going to now. It was awesome! She is still super excited for her baptism and completely agreed to obey the Word of Wisdom even though it will be difficult. We are super grateful that the Lord had us go see her in person and get things cleared up. She lives at the top of our area too, so it was a decision we need spiritual guidance on."

The end.


I'm so irritated about this. I poured out emotion into the email I wrote. It took me like 15 minutes!

I've grown. I know that because the old me would have thrown my phone through the wall. I am just going to write my testimony and call it good. 


We had a lesson with a guy last night and he had one of the best reactions to the Book of Mormon that I have seen as a missionary. He asked good questions and commented that we had explained its importance very well. He said that he will read it from cover to cover and pray about it as he goes. It will be difficult meeting with him because he works a literally random schedule, but I have faith that it will work out. I am grateful to have seen someone so faithfully accept the invitation to read the Book of Mormon. I know that the book is true. I know that Jesus Christ has restored His gospel to the earth through modern prophets. I know that no other book on earth contains as much truth as does the Book of Mormon. I know that. I have felt the confirming witness of the Spirit of God as I have studied its pages and asked God about it. I know that the Bible contains many truths that are important for us to understand, I love the Holy Bible. But I know that God has given us the Book of Mormon to give us the fullness of the Gospel. I also know that Russel M. Nelson is a prophet of God and that his words are living scripture. The Saviors words, "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear," still apply in our day. I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and that it can be found in no other church than the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is the Kingdom of God on the earth and ANYONE can know this for themselves. It takes effort and time, but I know that it is available to anyone who, in humble sincerity, desires the truth. Find out for yourself if you don't know! As a representative of Jesus Christ, I promise that you will not regret it.


I love y'all and hope that this is a good week for everyone.


- Elder Peterson