Friday, March 3, 2023

State Playoffs Meridian vs Mountain View

Friday at noon Meridian was scheduled to play Mountain View, whoever won this game made it to the State Championship game. I seriously could not believe Meridian had made it to this point, they were ranked number 7 and just beat out Owyhee, it was insane! I was not feeling too optimistic about this game, honestly I was just happy they beat Owyhee and knocked them out of the bracket. I didn't think they would beat Mountain View, I was just happy they made it this far. Rylee stayed in school since she didn't really care anymore but Avynlea was at the game to cheer on her team. 
The game was really excited to watch, the score was really close the entire game but Meridian always stayed ahead. Our Meridian boys were on fire I have never seen them play was well as they have the day before and today, they were hitting so many 3's and hitting every free throw. The last two minutes drug on with Mountain View constantly fouling us, but we actually won the game and stamped our ticket to the State Championship game! It was incredible, we were so excited and really just in disbelief that this was happening again. Kefford wasn't working that day so he was there with me and we sat with Jeni Lindley. Another happy day for Meridian High School!

Avynlea and students celebrating the win!