Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Pi Day 3.14 and Lacrosse

Costumes have come in for my Kinderstar class ad I took pictures of them dancing abound in their "Great Balls of Fire" costume. Costume Tyron day is one of my favorite dance days, the girls are always so excited to see and they their costumes on and they are always so cute about it. They loved their Tap costumes and I let them wear the tutu all through our tap part of class and they loved that so much! 
Ashleigh screen grabbed this shot of Rylee celebrating that it is game day for lacrosse! I think she looks so funny but that is because it is a screen grab from a moving shot and Rylee is wearing her mouth guard and her goggles. I love that Ashleigh takes an interest in my kids and their activities to a point that she follows the MHS Lacrosse account so she can hopefully see pics and video of Rylee. She has also followed the MHS Cheer instagram page and is following Fierce Idaho so she can see Avynlea when she is featured, I love her support!
The girls were getting ready for their game but it was so cold and so they took a moment to huddle together for some warmth. Rylee is wearing the red sweat pants in the huddle.
March 14th is special because it is 3.14 which is also Pi and so that means March 14th is Pi day! I made a pizza pie for dinner and a chocolate pie for dessert to celebrate the day.
Tonight Rylee had a lacrosse game in Middleton and it was raining hard. I was not excited to sit out in the rain to watch the game in the cold but I went to support Rylee and sheer her team on. She had to get their early again dn so I dropped her off, parked and then sat in the car reading while I waited for the time to get closer to the start of the game. I wore snow pants and a sweatshirt, a fleece jacket and my coat so I was pretty warm and protected enough form the rain. My snow pants and coat were soaked but they protected me enough that I did not get wet which was awesome. I was not expecting Rylee to play again but a couple of minutes before halftime I saw Rylee running down to the field and I heard her teammates on the sidelines cheering for her...Rylee was put in the game!!!! I was so excited for her and so excited to watch her play! Halftime was 2 minutes and then they played 15 minutes into the second half before the refs called the game on account of the field being too wet and it was too dangerous to continue playing. I was not bummed at all that the game ended early and was happy to get out of the rain and into my warm car.

After the game Rylee talked about how excited she was that she got to play and how much fun she had! She said when her coaches called her in she was confused at first but then realized what was going on. Her teammates on the sideline were so happy for her and she said she was their Beacon of Hope that they could get called in also! I think one or two other girls got called in before the game ended early which is exciting for them. I told Rylee I got pictures and video of her playing and she was happy to have proof that she played in the game..lol. I was so proud of her and so happy that she got to play, I think she has a positive attitude and her coaches know she is willing and wanting to improve so she could play and all of that possibly helped get her in the game. It was a good night!
Abo9ut a week ago I got letters and pictures from Joshua's kids which was so fun to receive. I love those kids and miss them so much and the letter in the mail made me happy. I wrote them each a letter back and I also sent a picture of me with each of them to them. Joshua sent me pictures of the kids with the pictures of us and sent me this...The kids were delighted by your letter. 
Amos stuck the picture in the wall. Fredrick put the picture and the letter in his drawer because "that's where he keeps his treasures" and Leona propped it up on her crib and then made me tape it to the wall. Amos and Fredrick have already started writing another letter!