Thursday, March 16, 2023

Rylee is Sweet 16!

Not only is it Rylee's Sweet 16 but it is also her Golden birthday which makes it extra special! After much debate and back and forth with herself Rylee decided she did not want a birthday party, she says maybe next year. For her birthday breakfast I made Rylee pancakes, I added pink heart sprinkles but they melted and just turned the pancakes pink. Rylee had a Lacrosse game after school and because of the game she  had to wear a dress to school. She was not on board with that because she said people were going to think she dressed up for her birthday, but she is a team player and obeys the rules and wore a dress to school.
After school Kefford, Avynlea and I went to the High School to watch Rylee play Lacrosse. She played for a little bit of the game and did really well, she is good at defending. Avynlea had to work but she was able to get off early so she could come to the last part of Rylee's game which was fun.

After we got home and cleaned up we went out to eat for Rylee's birthday dinner. Rylee had a hard time choosing a place to eat but finally decided on Red Robin. We had fun at the restaurant hanging out and eating good food.
Back at home Rylee was super excited to open her presents, she got...
a cropped puffy vest, The Selection book set, two new pairs of jeans, a Phineas and Ferb phone case...

money from Grandma Bonnie, The Lunar Chronicles book set and a workout jacket. 
I found a wallet that I had bought online but I could not remember who I got it for. Rylee's birthday was the next upcoming day for gift giving so I wrapped it up to give to her but was not entirely sure it was for her. When she opened it she started laughing and looked at Avynlea, I asked if that was supposed to be for Avynlea and she said yes and tossed it over to her. When Avy did not get it on her birthday she mentioned to Rylee later how bummed she was that she did not receive that gift so when Rylee opened it she knew who it was for. We all had a good laugh about that mistake and Avynlea got something she had really wanted a month and a half late.

Rylee requested a chocolate Costco cake with sprinkles on it for her Birthday treat and I was happy to oblige. I found some really cool purple and silver sprinkles and after buying the cake covered it with the sprinkles, it was pretty cute and Rylee loved it.



 

5 things I love about Rylee
1. Her kindness to others. I love that Rylee has a kind and inclusive heart. She is willing to puts others needs above her own like with the Lacrosse uniform and is naturally a kind person. I have seen many times her extending friendship to those who have been excluded by others and am so proud of her for not listening to the opinion of others. She has an ability to make others feel loved and included and is naturally an inclusive person. 

2. Her dry wit. Rylee is so funny and is constantly making me laugh with the things she says. She is such a fun person to be around and tells me all the time how funny her teammates think she is, I believe it. Rylee is good at the one liners and finding the humor in situations. 

3. Her Faith and Testimony. Rylee loves her Heavenly Father and Savior and does what she can to stay close to them. She attends seminary willingly and is an active participant in Young Womens and Sunday school. I was lucky to teach her Sunday school class for the past two years and was often impressed with her insight and comments she would make in class. She is not one to always have her voice heard in class but when she did speak she blew me away with her knowledge of what we were discussing. 

4. How hard she works in school. I have never had to get after Rylee to do better in school. She has always done her assignments and kept her grades up on her own. She is taking mostly honors and AP classes and is on track to graduate High School with her Associates degree and that is so impressive to me. She doesn't always love the work but she does the work and cares about her grades and wants to keep them up and does a great job of it. 

5. Her Artistic Side. I love how artistic and talented Rylee is. She has been doing a lot of water color and turns out the coolest artwork. I love that she got an artistic gene from my Dad and that she finds creating relaxing and a good use of her time. She has turned Rykers room into her drawing studio and it makes me laugh, I like it when I go in there to put something away or get it ready for a guest and I find her artwork out on the desk. 
Rylee's Favorites:
  1. Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
  2. Dessert: Popsicles
  3. Candy: Skittles
  4. Color: Pink
  5. Scripture Story: Jesus Blesses the Children
  6. Primary Song: A Child's Prayer
  7. Radio Song: Golden Hour
  8. Book: Percy Jackson Series
  9. Movie: Tangled
  10. TV Show: Phones and Ferb
  11. Thing to do: Lacrosse, Read and Water Color
  12. Place to go: Beach
  13. School Subject: English
  14. Store: Target
  15. Drink: Lemonade