Thursday, March 30, 2023

Penalty Box

Amy was complaining about the price of Graduation cards to Diana and I and said she spent about $250 on 100 cards for Paige. I told her she had overpaid and I wished she would have asked me before she did it because if she would have done it through Vistaprint she would have saved so much money. Cyndi has been letting me use her Canva account to do Instagram posts for Dance Connection and then I use it for whatever printing needs I have. I designed Kenedy's wedding invite with it as well as Avynlea's grad cards. I told Diana I could design Natalie's grad card and then she just needed to upload it to VistaPrint, Select Postcard and then go from there. It is way cheaper then any other options I have found. I did Nat's card and Diana ordered it through VistaPrint and paid about $70 for 100 cards, loads cheaper. 
I went to Rylee's Lacrosse game in Middleton and she did a good job playing. She has been getting some playing time every game and I am so glad that she is getting that chance to play and not just stand watching on the sidelines. Some of the parents on our side were not happy with the calls the refs were making and expressed their frustrations quite loudly. I didn't see anything wrong about it, I have sat through enough Football and Basketball games listening to parents yell worse then these few were so I didn't think anything of it. The refs apparently did not take too kindly to it and talked to one of the Middleton Admin at halftime and he told us if the yelling and complaining didn't stop they would end the game and send everyone home. It was a little aggressive in my opinion but they have their rights I guess.

A couple of days later we were playing Boise at Owyhee and Rylee got her first yellow card. She was defending and accidentally hit one of the Boise players in the head with her stick. Rylee didn't even realize anything happened the Ref had to tell her to go to the penalty box. I was pretty proud of Rylee, not because she hurt someone, but because she was actively in the game defending and doing her job. I texted to our family group chat that she got yellow carded and they were all pretty proud of her as well :). She spent her two minutes in the penalty box and then she was able to get out and play some more. She said her coach was pretty proud of her and excited for her that she got her first yellow card, she said she was taking pictures of her in the penalty box.