Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving

We hosted thanksgiving this year in Idaho and it was such a fun week. In attendance we had Heather, Emily and her family, Joshua and his family, Andrew, Kenedy and her boyfriend Tyler and then obviously Kefford, Me, Avy and Rylee. Ashleigh was supposed to drive up with her family but Atticus got sick right before and after much deliberation decided not to come. It was so sad and we were all so disappointed but ultimately it was the right choice because one by one they all got sick and they would have had a rough time.
We played a lot of games, played with Joshuas kids a lot, they were very entertaining and ate lots of food. I love thanksgiving because I know I will ge to be with my family and we have a lot of fun.

Heather came first and she, Rylee and I tried to learn the game she gave me for my birthday The Princess Bride. After watching someone teach it on YouTube we thought we got the idea and played it. When Andrew came we got him to play it with us and he taught us the right way to play it. We actually did pretty good figuring it out on our own and Andrew more smoothes out the rough edges for us.
Kenedy and Kefford carved the turkey per tradition and we were able to get a somewhat decent picture of the two of them, one of them cooperates more then the other.

We squeezed all the adults around our table including Kenedy and Tyler. It was fun to eat dinner and then socialize.
I snapped this picture of Kenedy and Tyler reading a book together which I thought was so cute.

And then I got a picture of Joshua reading to his three kids, Leona, Amos and Fredrick, with Rylee reading in the background.

Avynlea danced with Leona, Amos and fredrick and we played more games and spent time on devices as well.

Tyler, Kenedy, Elizabeth and Emily playing Codenames

Kefford, Amos, Kenedy and Leona

Amos and Fredrick remembered my car shaped waffle iron and asked if I would make them some. Saturday morning I made them the car waffles and Kefford dyed some of the batter to make one that looked like Ryker's pickup.
Saturday night we took picture of all of us together before the kids went to bed because everyone was leaving the next day.
back row: Matt, Emily, Heather, Rylee, Joshua, Leona, Ben, Andrew, Tyler and Kenedy
front row: Kefford, Avynlea, Amos, Fredrick, Elizabeth, Mallory and Isabelle

That night Heather, Emily and I went to get permanent bracelets. We invited Mallory but she declined thinking it wouldn't be practical with her little kids pulling on her all day which I understood. 
We all got the same kind of chain but Heather and Emily got gold while I got silver, we also each got a birthstone charm. I love my bracelet and think it looks so pretty, I also love that it is low maintenance and I don't have to remember to put it one each day.

When we got Holme we all played a game together which was super fun. I love big group games and having fun together.
Inchirch the next day I got a picture of our matching bracelets because we did not get one the night before.
Joshua and his family plus Andrew left that morning and Emily and her family came to church with us and then left after Sacrament meeting. I sent her a picture of the cupcake Heather and I got in Relief Society and told her she should have stayed. 
Heather came with me while I taught my dance classes on Monday and the we went to Idaho Pizza Company for lunch. There was little bit of a struggle as to who was going to pay and ultimately I won, it was my treat. Later we went to pick up Rylee from school and then sadly I took Heather to the airport and she flew home, the last of our guests to leave. 

I gave Amos and Fredrick paint by stickers books for belated birthday gifts and Mallory and Joshua both sent me pictures of them working on them at home. They loved them and I was so happy to see them enjoying the gifts I got them.