Saturday, November 19, 2022

Friendsgiving

A couple of weeks ago Diana sent a text to me and Amy suggesting we do a Friendsgiving with our girls. We loved that idea and made a plan to have it on November 19th , just before Thanksgiving. I volunteered to host and everyone put out what they were going to bring. Diana brought Ham and a dessert called Arroz con Leche, which is basically rice with milk, it took me a second to warm up to eating it but it was good, it had cinnamon and sugar in it. Amy brought, rolls, green bean casserole and spinach dip with bread. Amy also had Paige get some plates at the store but all she found were Christmas Plates. She dropped them off early and we would have used them but Avynlea and I were at the store later and found some Thanksgiving ones. I wanted my table to look like Thanksgiving so we went with the plates I bought. I also made funeral potatoes, Watergate salad and Juice. 
I didn't get a picture of it but I also printed out pictures of the 6 of us from the last four years and made a cute banner that hung in front of the windows in our dining room. I went to a craft fair and found some cute little place setting gifts that were chocolate and thanksgiving themed so I bought 6 of them to put on everyone's plate and I also made name cards for everyone to know where to sit. The entire presentation turned out so cute and I was super happy with it all. 
After a night filled with eating and talking and laughing it was time to end but we needed to get a picture of all of us first. We got ready and then Avynlea realized she was the only one without socks on and she didn't like it so we had to wait for her to get socks and cover up her feet.

I am super grateful for this group of women, for their friendship and loyalty throughout the past 4 years. Avynlea and I have truly been blessed with some great friends. 

Elizabeth, Amy and Diana
Avynlea, Paige and Natalie