Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Elder Peterson Week 62

 I am in the back of a very full car headed to Louisiana as I write this. So it might be a little short. 

     This past Monday-Tuesday I did an exchange with Elder Evans in his area. It was pretty fun, we got a nice dinner that night. The next day was my mom's birthday, and mine, so it was fun. I'm 20 now! Woo... Anyway. We did some service and the woman gave us some money for lunch (we tried declining but she insisted). So we went to Chipotle. We didn't have any lessons, but Tuesday night I got to interview a family for baptism. This was after exchanging back. I interviewed two kids and their parents. I love doing baptismal interviews because the spirit is so strong in them. Hearing their testimonies and their determination to serve God was so refreshing. They've loved taking the lessons and were so excited to get baptized last Sunday. 
     Also, the Harrises had Elder Dodge and I over for dinner to celebrate my birthday and it was awesome. They got me a card, a tie, and fun socks. And made suuuuper burgers.

     On Friday we had interviews with President Larkin and my last district council as district leader in Kingwood. It was really fun and Sister Larkin came in and taught us for the last 30 min. We talked about Alma chapter 5 and one thing that really stood out to me was the last part of verse 26: "...if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" I was pondering this a lot and wondering what exactly the song of redeeming love is to me. Something interesting to study.

     So for the exchange I'm headed to an area called Moss Bluff, Louisiana. I got my wish and I'm companions with Elder Colt 🤘. We are also training (we are a trio), buuuut our trainee got stuck before he could get here because he got sick. So he has to wait at the Missionary Training Center for a week or so. We are excited because he's from Eagle, Idaho. So, not only are all 3 if us from Idaho, but we're all from the same school district 😆
    I started writing this email at 2 and it is now 5:30. We've been doing a lot of traveling and weird carpooling, but Elder Colt and I are finally headed to our area. We are both super excited for this transfer. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be in this transfer, so it should be a good one. 

     I'm sorry there wasn't a ton to write about, it's been such a busy day. But I should have good stuff next week.

     Until then, have a great week!

-Elder Peterson

Where I'm sitting at the piano is Brother and Sister Thomas
The tall bald guy is Brother Harris and his wife. The picture with the happy birthday sign is also at their house.
And the two I've got my arms around are Brother and Sister Wood.
I loves these families and had to say goodbye to them. I also went and said goodbye to Linda, which was sad, but I'll see all these folks again someday.