Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Lutes Family Camping Trip Day 5

Our last full day camping with family was a lot of fun. It was fun to camp in the mountains and to have this beautiful scenery to wake up to.
Kenedy, Avynlea, Rylee and Isabelle shared a tent. Ben was in a hammock some of the time and then in the tent with the girls some of the time. It was really cold at night so I think he probably stayed in the tent most of the nights but I am not too sure on this. This morning Kenedy took a photo of the people in her tent when she woke up. 
Joshua, Mallory and Andrew were leaving this day so we made sure to get in some good quality time with Amos, Fredrick and Leona before they left. We sure did have a lot of fun having these kids around. They were fun and entertaining and a joy to be with.
I did the "circle, circle, dot, dot" game on Amos and Fredrick's backs and they loved it and wanted me to keep doing it. I had a lot of fun getting giggles out of these two boys and I also drew some eyes and a nose on their bellies so it made their belly buttons look like mouths. They thought that was pretty funny as well.

I had a quiet moment with Fredrick showing him some things on my phone, probably pictures and/or videos. Then we took some selfies.

We got our family picture with all of the ones who were there, Pink was nice to take our pictures for us.

back row: Alec, Andrew, Kenedy, Isabelle, Ben, Matt, Rylee, Erin, Avynlea, Leona, Joshua, Heather, Kefford and Elizabeth
front row: Mallory, Windermere, Emily, Bonnie, Fredrick and Amos


Grandkids and Grandma
back row: Kenedy, Isabelle, Ben, Rylee, Avynlea and Alec
front row: Leona, Bonnie, Fredrick and Amos

Cousins
Alec, Leona, Kenedy, Ben, Isabelle, Fredrick, Rylee, Avynlea and Amos

back row: Andrew, Joshua, Heather and Erin
front row: Emily, Bonnie and Elizabeth

Sisters
Mallory, Erin, Elizabeth, Emily and Heather

Peterson's
Kenedy, Elizabeth, Kefford, Avynlea and Rylee

Lutes's                                                  Robertson's
                           Amos, Mallory, Joshua, 
Wyndemere, Leona and Fredrick                                  Isabelle, Matt, Emily and Ben

Later, after lunch we headed out of camp to go see the Paris Ice Cave
It was not too deep of a cave which was nice for those of us who would be claustrophobic in a small, deep cave...Me. It was chilly in the cave and there was a sheet of ice on the ground and ice all around. 
Elizabeth and Kefford

Rylee

Ben, Kenedy, Rylee, Isabelle and Avynlea

Heather and I ventured out onto the ice to get a picture together. My girls were laughing at us as we did an old lady shuffle onto the ice, we did not want to fall, lol.
Elizabeth and Heather
Outside of the cave were some fun rocks and cliffs that some of our party climbed. Kefford was the first one to scale the cliffs to get to the top. Avynlea took some selfies with the rocks.
When we were outside of the cave I gave Avynlea my phone so she could take a picture of me and Kefford but she had to get herself in the picture first. 

Kefford and Elizabeth

Once we were out of the caves we had to say goodbye to Joshuas family. I thought this was a sweet moment of Kefford saying goodbye to Fredrick. We love being with our family and so every goodbye is hard.

After we left the caves we drove into Paris Springs to tour the tabernacle. It was pretty cool to see the history inside of to imagine going to church conferences there. 
back row: Elizabeth, Heather, Erin, Rylee and Kefford
middle row: Andrew, Avynlea, Kenedy and Ben
front row: Bonnie, Emily, Isabelle and Matt

After the tabernacle tour we stopped in a museum and looked around and then we got milkshakes at the milkshake place. I have heard legends about the raspberry milkshakes so I was pretty excited to try one. It was good but I prefer chocolate. We also got burgers and fries and I got filled up pretty quick.
Because Andrew left with Joshua's family we didn't have anyone to narrate us through our nightly game of werewolves so it was pretty quiet around the campfire as most everyone just read. One thing about the werewolves game. Andrew has a bag of tokens with every piece being a different character in the game. One at a time we would each draw a token out of the bag and that was the character we would be. We would all have to close our eyes as each character as told to open them so Andrew could se who everyone was and we could see who we were with if that was the case. We played about 7 or 8 games over the course of the camping trip ad every time but once Mom and I drew the werewolves token. It was fun the first time because it was Me, Emily, Isabelle and Heather who were the wolves and we could not stop laughing. That was the one time Mom was not a wolf and the time I was not a wolf I was the Little Girl. after a while it got tiring being the wolf and by the last night of playing it I would draw my token, look at it, see the wolf face on it and just sigh. When I had to look to see who the other werewolves were I would open my eyes and look straight at home who was looking at me with the same frustrated expression. We both wanted to play something different and it was so frustrating that we kept pulling the same token, funny in an ironic way but so frustrating. 

I had a really great time camping with my family this trip. I missed the ones that couldn't make it and wish they could have been there but it was a good trip.