Friday, July 22, 2022

Blueberry Picking

 On Friday we got to go blueberry picking with some of our family. Not everyone could make it this year so I was a smaller group but still fun and fruitful. I started in the back bushes away from everyone and found some really big blueberries on these bishes. Soon my area was taken over by some family trying to get in on my amazing find, darn it, hahaha. We had fun visiting with everyone who were there. Kenedy drove in the day before but she was too tired to get up this morning to go with us. It was a bummer because her cousins would have loved to have seen her. Avynlea, Rylee and I had a good time and were able to get a lot of Blueberries.
back bunch l-r: Rylee, Garrett, Brielle, Asher, Caleb, Qiana, Avynlea and Joshua
front bunch I-r: Xander. Madison, Dillon, Tayvia, Hazel, Sadie and Kinsley 

Later I washed the blueberries and put them into baggies. Some I left out to take on our camping trip and the others I stuck in the freezer to preserve them for future use. My girls were not thrilled with me sticking them in the freezer, they like to eat them fresh and not frozen, but we had so many they had to be put in the freezer or else they would go bad. 
We also spent a lot of the day getting food prep done for our camping trip. We were leaving the next day and we were doing dinner the first night so I wanted to have a lot of it done beforehand. We cooked a lot of meat for tacos, chopped lettuce, tomatoes and olives an basically got everything beforehand done possible for taco salad.