Thursday, January 23, 2020

Basketball

I went to the Temple early on Tuesday morning because I was going to be subbing a couple of Dance classes later that morning and I wouldn't have been able to go at my regular time. After I did my Initiatories I went up to the Celestial room to ponder and pray. While I was up there I was reading in the scriptures and I came across this one...it is D&C 6:36
I felt it spoke to me at the moment because I have been trying to figure some things out in regards to hearing and feeling the Spirit. This verse was what I needed and I am grateful that I was able to come across it. I need to remember to always put my trust in the Lord even when things are not working out the way I thought they would.
 Thursday night I went to the J/V boys Basketball game to watch Avynlea cheer. She hasn't been feeling really great but you would never have known that while watching her cheer. She was a professional all the way and was a lot of fun to watch!
 Meridian was playing against Skyview and it was a win for Meridian which is always fun!
 After the game Avynlea and I headed over to the Stake Center to watch Ryker play some church ball.  I thought Ryker did a good job being more aggressive and trying to shoot more instead of passing the ball off. It was a tight game and we lost but not by much. I thought it impressive that we were able to keep it so close considering we had a lot of Deacons playing against older kids. The other team might have won but our small guys put up a good fight and kept them on their toes.
Ryker and Matthew