Sunday, January 26, 2020

Progress

At tumbling on Saturday us Mom's were chatting in the viewing area when we saw the kids sitting on the blowup just watching us. When they saw they had our attention they made the motion that they wanted us to take their picture. We happily complied. Hailey is always at tumbling with them but she got really sick and was not able to be there this week. This Saturday morning tumbling class has been good for Avynlea. It has been fun for her to be with her friends and to progress more on her skills. I am proud of her for how hard she has been working on her tumbling and love watching her flip. 
Paige, Dreya, Landon, Natalie and Avynlea
Avynlea's choir teacher has been on maternity leave since November, when her baby boy was born, and Saturday afternoon the Choir Booster members had a baby shower for her. Avynlea and Madison wanted to go so we went and listened to her birth story and then ate some cake which was not all that tasty. After that, the girls waited in line so they could talk to their teacher and catch her up on how their choir group has been. Oh and after she told her birth story she asked the kids who were there to fill her in on how their different groups were doing. The kids were eager to talk about the music they were learning and how much they love it and how they have been learning it. Instead of clapping when they were happy or excited about something they all snapped their fingers and I thought that was really funny. "Snaps to you!"
I have been watching a weekly youtube channel about the weeks Come Follow Me lesson, which I really love and I love this quote from one of the creators. She talked about how the Lord met the woman at the well at the well, He went to Lazarus's bed to raise him from the dead and he even met the sinner at his cross. I love the examples of how the Lord will put forth his effort to meet us where we are at but that He then doesn't want us to stay, He wants us to progress and get better and become better. I probably can't explain it as well as she did in her video but it was really good and it has been helping me understand and learn more about what I am reading.
Sunday night Kenedy, Rylee, Avynlea and I played two rounds of Codenames. Kenedy and Rylee as a team won the first round and Avynlea and I as a team won the second round. I love playing that game and I equally love playing it with my kids. Ryker then wanted us to play Munchkin with him so we cleaned up Codenames and started playing Munchkin. That game lasts a long time so we never got to finish it that night but it was fun while it lasted.