Saturday, December 29, 2018

Warner Brothers Studio Tour

Heather always finds fun things to do and I do not know how she does it but she definitely has an ear to the ground at all times. She found out a couple months ago that the warner Brothers studio lot does tours and that for a couple weeks in December and January they were doing a Gilmore Girls popup on their tours. We LOVE Gilmore Girls and all of us girls wanted to do this tour. Kids 8 and under were not allowed to do the tour and we were worried that Ashleigh would not be able to go because of sweet little Atticus. But Andrew Brown was fine having him for ht day and Ashleigh had pumped plenty of bottles so all of us sisters and Mom were able to go on this tour!
It turned out to be a lot cooler  then any of us thought and I do not know how we have never heard of this before. When t was out tour time we were led into a little theater and watched a short movie on the history of the studio lot then we were paired up with our tour guide. She drove us around the lot and showed us different highlights of buildings, streets and scenery from different movies and TV shows. Remember in Gilmore Girls when Luke pushes Jess off the bridge? Yep, we got to see where that happened. It was fun seeing how they work the movie/TV magic and change up different areas to look completely different for whatever scene they need it for.
At one stop we got to see memorabilia from the Harry Potter movies, Wonder Woman and Flash just to name a few. Heather knew Rylee loves the Flash TV show so we took a picture of her with the costume so I could show Rylee.

They had a sorting hat and we could sit on the chair and pretend to be sorted but the hat never touched my head and I was never sorted into a house.
The studio lot was very protective of their stuff and we were not allowed to touch any of the props or displays. I was trying to take a picture of the sword from Wonder Woman and the employee standing guard kept a close eagle eye on me to make sure I was not going to touch it. I am willing to obey the rules so I pretended to hold the sword.
I got a picture of the Fuller House for Avynlea and Rylee who love to watch the show on Netflix. They built this fake one on the Lot because it would be too expensive and annoying to drive to San Fransisco where the really house is just to shoot any outside shots.
Our tour guide drove us by this apartment building facade and I didn't think much of it until she said this was where Christian Bale sang "Santa Fe" in the movie Newsies. I was very attentive and excited about this area once I heard that, I love Christian Bale and I love Newsies!
We were next taken to a different area on the studio lot where we got to see a lot of the Batman stuff. At this point I felt really bad that I didn't have my family here with me. Kefford, obviously, especially would have loved seeing all of this. I had not idea this tour was that extensive. I thought it was more like the Universal Studio tour which is ok but not too thrilling. This one had so many movie props and was really interactive. I definitely need to came back with my family at some future time.
We got to see and try how they make people look bigger or smaller like the hobbits in Lord of the Rings which was fun.
Once all of the other stuff was done we got to go to Stars Hollow, the reason for us doing the tour in the first place. We got to walk around the outside of Lorelei and Rory's house and eat lunch in their front yard. 



Then we got to walk through the town and take pictures at the gazebo. We saw where they had Luke's Diner but the facade was changed for some other production. 

Our tour time was 10:00am and we did not get back to the car until about 3:00 it was quite the long tour but it was a lot of fun and worth it to go and check out at least once.