Friday, December 21, 2018

Dance Recital

Rylee and Kenedy have matching Slytherin shirts and one morning Rylee decided to wear hers to school and she wanted Kenedy to wear hers also. I took this picture of Rylee and sent it along with a message to Kenedy from Rylee to please wear her shirt. 
I was watching Mikell's kids one day while she went to the Temple and they really enjoyed looking at all of the ornaments on our tree. They noticed some homemade ones that they thought were pretty fun and while they were admiring them I realized I had all of the materials to make them and so I pulled out some fun crafting supplies and let the kids have their creativity take over. The older girls helped the younger ones figure out their designs and all I did was the Hot Glue Gun. We had so much fun and they made some really cute ornaments for their tree. They even helped clean up without me asking which was pretty awesome. 

On another night Whitney brought her girls over to play while she and Dustin went to the Temple. I had so much success doing the ornament crafts with Mikell's kids that when they got here I asked the girls if they wanted to do a craft and they were super excited about it so I got all my crafting stuff out again and this time with Avynlea and Rylee's help they created some really cute ornaments.
The winter dance show was about a week before Christmas and I was ready for it. I have 4 classes this year and really love all of my little dancers. I had this great idea of taking pictures of all of my classes before they went out on stage but my first 3 classes were within the first 12 numbers and I had no time to stop for a picture. I was getting dancers on stage to perform and then rushing them back to the waiting room where i would leave them with Rylee to be collected by their Moms so I could gather my next group to get them to the stage. It was a lot of rushing around and I did not have a break until after the third class of mine was finished then I had a long wait before my fourth and final class, they were close to the end of the program. I was really pleased with how well all of my little kiddos did. I had some nervous before the lights and music turned on because of the dark but once the stage was brightened they got over their fears fast. I was worried about one little dancer, Raegen, who is 2 1/2. She has been struggling in dance class wanting her Mom and crying a lot so I was not sure how she was going to do. I had her Mom stay with her until it was one performance before her number and then I took her and all of the other dancers in her group backstage to watch the dance and wait for their turn. She was starting to get upset and I just kept reassuring her and promising candy canes after they danced. When I put this group on stage she was full out crying and I thought "oh no", but i left her on her sticker and went down to wait for the music. Once the music started Raegen started looking at the other girls dancing and then suddenly something clicked, the tears dried up and she started dancing her little heart out, it was the cutest thing and made me so happy. At the end of our dance she was clapping and enjoying the applause and then she started bowing, I was dying it was so great!
While I was waiting in the back room for my last class to perform my Boss's sister came back to find me to tell me how impressed she was with my dance numbers and how well I handle managing the little ones. She said I do a really amazing job and it made me feel so good that she would search me out to tell me such complimentary things. She said watching me with the littles she could really tell how much I love what I do and she was not wrong, I love all of my little dancers and I love teaching dance. I really appreciated her kind words.
I did manage to get one picture that I wanted and that was of my little bears. They tap danced to a song called "Stompy the Bear" and were wearing the bear ears and tails Emily helped me make over thanksgiving. They were so cute! I only had 5 of my dancers from this class with 3 not being able to make it to the show that night. They did such a good job and were a crowd pleaser with their little tails.
Lennox, Roen, Guenivere, Eden and Eleanor 
Rylee was really happy to come and help me out backstage with my kiddos and I was so grateful for her help, I would have been a hot mess without her. At some point while I was busy rushing around she took some selfies on my phone and drew on a picture of Avynlea, silly girl