Sunday, December 23, 2018

Gingerbread House

The Sunday before Christmas I let Avynlea wear her new dress and shoes and she was pretty excited to see that her dress matched her Dad's socks. Pretty fancy
After church that day we finally built the gingerbread house Rylee has been dying to put together. I wanted to wait to build it until Kenedy was home so that she could be a part of the fun. Everyone had something that they did and we all contributed to making it look pretty amazing. I made my traditional gingerbread house palm tree. I did not have my normal things to use so I scavenged around and made the trunk with chocolate miniatures i found and then cut up one of the green gummys that came with the kit for the fronds. It turned  out interesting but I was happy with it.
Rylee decorated a gingerbread girl she named Caroline and Avynlea and Kenedy collaborated on a gingerbread boy they named Thomas and called their son. Sometimes these kids are weird.

We decided to do neighbor treats this year and I bought 20 bottles of cherry 7-up and attached a cute saying to it. I thought they turned out pretty great. They were cheap and easy and that is all I wanted.