Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Live Nativity

Every year our Stake helps the Seventh-Day Advent church, whose building is located right next to our Stake center, with their Live Nativity. They do it every year and set up begins at least a month in advance. They were running it one weekend only and we decided to go Sunday evening. 
There was a camel outside of the church that we got to pet and take pictures with. Avynlea and Rylee especially loved seeing the camel and even comeback outside to pet him while we were waiting for our turn to go. 
And the camel pictures were the only ones I took but it was a really great interactive activity. We were put into groups and those groups were our "families" and we were going through it like we were actually going to Bethlehem to pay our taxes. It was a really great experience and after it was done we got to go back inside for hot cocoa, which was greatly appreciated because it was cold, and buttered toast. 

We had a snowfall one Sunday morning and Rylee and I were the only ones who wanted to take pictures outside with the snow. Rylee got herself a cup of snow and enjoyed eating it.
The first Saturday of ht month Rylee and Avynlea went with me to The Home Depot to look for some Christmas presents for Kefford. While we were there we saw that they were doing their kids crafts and Avynlea and Rylee decided to do it while I looked around a little bit. They made a reindeer and sleigh and they turned out really cute. They had paint available so the kids could paint their crafts but we thought they looked better wooden with only the stickers on them.

I had Kefford come to the church with me on Wednesday night to help set up tables and chairs for our Mutual activity. It did not take as long as I thought it would and so while we were waiting around Kefford and Ryker played a quick game of basketball with Danny Ricks and Peyton Lamm from the Verona Ward and Sam Kropf and Benson Laing from the Oak Creek Ward. 
Monday after dance class I drove to Rexburg to get Kenedy and all her stuff home for winter break. I met Alyssa at their apartment and we walked up to campus where Kenedy was and then we walked around the campus for a bit. They showed me where they took their ballroom class and then they took me to the call center where they both worked. After that I took them to Applebees for dinner where I took their picture. 

Rylee is taking beginning violin this year and since the kids are new at learning the instrument they are not quite ready for a performance. Her orchestra teacher wanted to give the kids a chance to show their parents what they were doing so we were invited to come to their class on a Tuesday afternoon. Since I was in Rexburg picking up Kenedy I was not sure I was going to make it to her performance but I told Rylee I would really try. Kenedy and I left at 6:00 Tuesday morning so that we could make it to her class. Rylee was the lucky one who got to have her Mom, Dad and big Sister come and watch her perform. She acted a little embarrassed but I know she loved every minute of us being there. The teacher had them go through all that they do in a typical class time and then she had the students try to teach us visitors how to play Hot Cross Buns on their instruments. Rylee did a good job teaching but I did not do a very good job performing the song. I will leave the playing to her.
After class Rylee's friend Tayci came to walk with Rylee to their next class. That day was twin day at school and Rylee and Tayci dressed up the same so I took their twin picture. They sure are cute girls
December is the month for parties. One of the Christmas parties I was invited to and went to was Angela Wrightson's ugly Christmas sweater/favorite things party. I did not have an ugly chrisoms sweater so I did not wear one but I brought wet brushes. and my favorite hair elastics as my favorite things. When it was our turn we explained our three things and then drew three names and those were the girls that got to take home our particular items. Everyone brought three favorite things and everyone left with three different favorite items. It was a really fun night and I am glad I went.