Friday, December 22, 2017

Recitals and Concerts

The first Christmas Concert we went to was Kenedy's High School Choir concert. Normally I am the only one that goes to these concerts but Kefford thought it would be a nice FHE to go and support Kenedy and to listen to Christmas music. Kenedy was so thrilled that everyone was coming, it was pretty cute. The kids sang really well and the choir teacher was entertaining to watch as she really got into the music but I thought she could have used more Christmas music, or at least music we recognized as being Christmas music. As always I had fun watching Kenedy.
After the concert I made everyone gather for a picture. Lauren Warner was standing close to us because we were chatting with her and Kefford pulled her into our picture. :) We have known her so long she is just like family so it was all good and kind of funny!
Next was Rylee and Avynlea's piano recital. It was at one of the Retirement homes in Boise and it started at the same time that the BSU bowl game was starting. Kefford and Ryker decided to stay home and watch the game and Kenedy had to work so I was the only one to go and watch. Rylee went first and she played "Jingle Bells" I thought she did really good but she feels like she messed up a bit. I didn't notice any mess ups.
Avynlea played "still, still, still" and again I thought she played really well but she feels like she did horrible because she messed up , lost her spot and made up an ending. I didn't notice at all and I doubt anyone else but her and her teacher noticed. Both girls held their composure really well during their "mess ups" and it was a nice and quick recital.


I stopped and got ice-cream cones at McDonalds for my beautiful piano players.
The final holiday concert was Avynleas Middle School Choir Concert. Because everyone went to Kenedy's concert Avynlea made a request to have the entire family attend hers as well. Kenedy came late from cheer practice but we all managed to go and support Avynlea. She did a wonderful job singing and I liked that this concert had more recognizable Christmas Songs. At the end we gathered for another family picture, this time with no extras added in :)