Saturday, December 30, 2017

Beach time and Tidepools

Saturday the rain disappeared, the Sun came out and it was a beautiful day! I walked down to the beach with Avynlea where we got to play and visit with Aunts and Cousins! Avynlea had so much fun this trip being with her little cousins. I think it was rare that I saw her without one of the littles with her, she had fun being Sadie's little buddy for a little bit on the beach.
She also was good to Caleb and carried/followed him wherever he wanted to go. She is such a sweet older Cousin. 

Later that evening Avy, Rylee, Kenedy and I went to go explore the tide pools with some of the family. Jeremy and Gwen had taken Kenedy and Mikayla the day before to try to see the tide pools but all that they saw was rain. Kenedy said it was pouring down rain the entire time they were looking and she was cold, wet and miserable and did not have a good time.  I am glad that she was willing to try it again with us, it was definitely better weather!
We saw starfish and so many anemones, from teeny tiny to ones the size of my hand. I was loving climbing the rocks and exploring and finding all the sea life. 
I found a little black creature, not sure what it was, and when I went to touch it it moved and made me scream and jump. I was really curious about it so I picked it up with some sand and tried to get a closer look. Sill couldn't figure it out because I was afraid to get too close so I had Brit take some pictures and then I put it back and moved on.
  I didn't see much of Rylee while at the tide pools since she and Brielle were off exploring on the other side. But I know Rylee and Brielle had fun climbing on the rocks and exploring as well. I am glad Brit managed to snap this picture of them.
Avynlea found a lot of Hermit crabs and wanted to take them all home. I told her she could hold them for a little bit but that she had to leave them at the beach. I know she was hoping some of the shells were empty but we quickly figured out they were not. 
Before leaving Brit and I had the kids who were with us gather together for a picture. They are a cute bunch of kids!
Asher, Qiana, Xander, Kennedy, Tayvia, Brooke, Jenna, Avynlea, Brielle, Hazel, Rylee and James

At one point Brooke had to go to the bathroom but Mikell had her hands full with the other kids and couldn't help her. I could see she had to go really bad so I told her I would help her and I took her to a hidden spot and held her hands while she went pee. Pretty sure we bonded during that moment :)
 Because we went to the tide pools in the evening wee able to see a beautiful sunset. Oh the colors were breathtaking and it was so neat to walk on the beach watching the sky fill with color as the sun went down. Definitely seeing the tidepools was the highlight of this day for me. It was exciting and fun to explore what they had to offer. I loved every minute of it!