Monday, May 30, 2016

Peterson Girls do the Bubble Run

Last year it was the color run, this year the Peterson girls decided to do the bubble run. We thought it would be fun to do another fun 5k and this time around we decided to do it with all of the little as well. Brit had to bow out because her sister decided to get married on this day in Utah but the ones that were there were, Alison, Elizabeth with Rylee and Avynlea (Kenedy had to drop out because of her foot being in a boot), Gwen with Ally and Mikayla, Mikell with Jenna, Brooke, James and Kelly, Whitney with Madison and Sadie, Michelle, and Trista with her boyfriend Austin. Since Brit couldn't make it, Britney (a favorite Peterson Cousin) with Lucy was invited to take her place which was pretty awesome! Although we missed Brit and her girls it was fun to have Britney there. Sara couldn't get away from work so we missed having her there as well. But it was a lot of fun with the ones that were able to make it, it was a lot more crazy with the kids and the strollers but I quite enjoyed having everyone there!

I did my, Avynlea's, and Rylee's hair in french braids so that we would be matching and we looked pretty cute! I was struggling with how to do this race. On one hand I really wanted to run it because I like running and it is fun for me, on the other hand I really wanted to be with my girls. In the end I decided I could take one day off from running and I walked the race with my girls and the rest of our family. I wanted to share the experience with them and I am glad I made the choice I did because it was a lot of fun. I ended up being with Rylee more then Avy because she was walking with Ally and kept getting away from us but I saw her plenty.



Overall, I thought the bubble run was pretty fun. I did not like the idea of the bubbles getting on my face and so I would cover my face with my t-shirt as we went through the bubble stations, worked great! The thing I did not like about the Bubble run was that it was on the fairgrounds and we would be walking through dirt and then grass and it was just not pleasant. I liked the color run better in that it was in a paved street and I didn't feel as gross at the end. But the best part was definitely being with my girls and the rest of my Peterson family. I am very glad we did it!