Monday, May 16, 2016

Boys Campout and a Girls Night Out!

May is the time of year for the annual Father's/Son's campout. Kefford and Ryker have been going together since Ryker was a two year old in diapers and while it may not be Kefford's favorite thing to do,  Ryker loves it and I am glad that they get to have this time together. This year Kefford thought it would be fun to borrow his cousin Coby's jeep and take that up for their campout. Kefford has always been a clean car fanatic and he also lives by the policy to return borrowed items better then when he got them. So Friday morning Kefford vacuumed and cleaned up Cobys car so it would look nice for him when it was returned. After Ryker came home from school they loaded up, let me take a few pictures and then were off. From that point on I do not know exactly what activities entailed at their campout. I know they had a lot of fun and that they all did service and built a fence at the place they stayed at in exchange for a free stay. 

Kefford is always so good to supply me with pictures and I thought he did a good job taking pictures this time around.

I had to teach dance that night but since it was the last class before recital and I knew they would not miss me much I asked Kim if I could skip out after the first class so I could take my girls and have a girls night. Kim was of course more then OK with the idea and I left after our Pre-Teen class and Avynlea, Rylee and I went to Red Robin for dinner. Kenedy had a date to go see a play and so she missed out on our girls night which was kind of sad. One of her guy friends asked her out on a double date to go to a show and then out to dinner after. The morning of the date she was told that the other girl was sick and had to cancel and that the other guy invited a third guy friend of theirs. So Kenedy ended up on this date with just her and three guys. We thought it was pretty funny and I was not worried about it because these guys are all friends of her and I knew them and knew she would have fun despite not having another girl around. 
At Red Robin I ordered the Garden Burger because it sounded good and I thought it was a burger with all the fresh veggies on top hence the name garden burger. When I got my meal I realized it was named the garden burger because it was actually the vegetarian option and it was meatless and had a vegetarian patty. I ate it and thought it tasted good enough but was really curious about what the patty was made of. I saw some oatmeal and I think pinto beans in their but am not sure what else was a part of the patty. 

After dinner we stopped at a Redbox and got the movie "The Good Dinosaur" and then stopped in at the store to get the makings for ice-cream sundaes and a package of cupcakes. The movie was pretty boring to me but the girls liked it and I really liked the ice-cream so that made things delightful for me. It was a fun girls night with my girls and I always love this tradition of ours.