Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Choir Shows and Dance Recitals

May is always such a busy month with all of the dance recitals, choir concerts and end of the year stuff going on. I look forward to it and dread it all at the same time. 
First up was Kenedy singing with her Treble Choir. This was all of the choirs end of year performance and I knew it was going to be a late night so I wouldn't let any of the kids come. Avynlea especially was upset about not being able to go but I was glad I made that decision because I did not get home until close to 10:00. It was ridiculously long but I enjoyed most of the music. Kenedy did a good job and it is always fun to see her perform. They performed a medley of Disney songs they sang at Disneyland which I liked and their choir director encouraged them to wear Mickey ears if they had them. 
The next week was Dance Recital week. I had Dance Connection's first recital on Saturday the 14th that I had to be at all day. Wednesday after school was Dress Rehearsal for Elevated Dance Project's dance recitals. Thursday Avynlea, Rylee and I performed our dances. Avynlea and Rylee did so good and I had so much fun watching them. I help teach their class and so I see them dancing these same songs every week but it is so rewarding and so much fun seeing them perform on stage. They looked beautiful, smiled the entire time and looked like they were having so much fun because they were! They were in a combo Ballet/Jazz class this year and got to perform two dances in the recital. Their first piece was their Jazz and they danced to "Safe and Sound". They wore the black outfits pictured below which I picked out. 
The second dance they did was part of the ballet. The ballet this year was "inside Out" and Avynlea and Rylee's class were Goofball island. They were so cute and I loved their dance. I love these pictures that were taken during the recital and think my girls looks so fun and beautiful with amazing smiles!

I got them each a rose which they loved and congratulated them on how well they did. I danced to "The Martian" an instrumental piece from the "The Martian" soundtrack. It was a more modern piece which I was not too thrilled about but I liked it enough and knew the dance so I was not worried about performing. I should have been. I felt like a hot mess on that stage and a couple of parts forgot what I was doing and ended up in the wrong spots. Luckily when I watched the video Kefford took of me I did not look like the hot mess that I felt I was and it looked good so that was a relief. I am not sure what happened to me but am grateful for the summer break to recoup. 

Alison came and brought flowers for the girls. I love that she is always so willing to come and support us when she can and my girls loved having her here!

After the Thursday recital I had to go back for the Friday recital because Kim and my Kinder classes were in this show. We had two classes and Kim actually handed over the reins for one of the classes and had me take charge while she focused and took charge on the other one. Both classes did amazing and were so cute! For the ballet my class was Friendship Island and the one Kim took was Abstact Thoughts. I loved both of their dances and had a lot of fun watching them but after the ballet I left and chose to go home rather then stick around for the rest of the recital. Our classes were done and were not performing in anything after the ballet so I was good to go.
The next day, Saturday the 21st, I had our second saturday of Dance Connection recitals to go to. It was a long day and I was there from 8:00 to 8:00. We had four shows with some downtime in between and I was exhausted by the end of the day. Kenedy was there with me helping with the dancers and I had her get some pictures for me of all of my classes. 
I am always nervous when it comes to these dance recitals because I am afraid I am going to forget what I am doing and not remember the dances I am helping with. I am the dork that takes her dance notes down with her to the front and refers to them on the sly as I am helping my classes. If it helps us all perform better then why not. All of my classes did amazing and recital always reminds me why I do what I do and makes the entire year worthwhile. I am taking next year off and not teaching because I feel Heavenly Father ,for whatever reason, has been telling me that's what I need to do. I don't know why or what's going to happen, if anything, but I am doing what I feel I am being told to do and even though it is hard and has been a tough decision I know it is the right thing for me and my family at this time. 

Brighter Beginnings
"Alice in Wonderland"
Lila, Molly, Rosalynn, Annalisa, Ellie, Abigail and Jenna
 Evelyn, Tenley, Nora, Chloe, Lainey, Hallie and Madelynn
Eagle Creative Preschool
"Tangled"

Premier
"Tangled"
Peyton, Gianna, Kynlie, Charley, Cordelia, Molly and Haddie
 Katana, Gwen, Taytem, Stella and Paisley
Premier Babies
"Winnie the Pooh"

I was busy with another dance class and so I gave my phone to one of the HS girls helping with this class to take a picture of them for me. She did a terrible job and so I took one of all the kids at the last class I had with them. I would have probably done that anyway since Collin never showed up to dance at the recital. I was bummed about that because he was so cute in the dances and always did a really good job during class. 
Born to Suceed
"Jungle Book
Back row: Jocelyn, Collin, River and Sophia
Front row: Sopheea, Abby, Mila, Kaelyn and Grace

Coverdale Montessori Downstairs
"Alice in Wonderland"
 Nora, Olivia, Isabella, Hannah, Reese, Julianna and Charlotte
Dom, Skyla, Claire, Evie, Haddyn, Grace, Mya and Ella
Cloverdale Montessori Upstairs
"Jungle Book"