Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Very Happy Mothers Day

Mother's Day was a really nice day this year. Kefford and the kids made me a breakfast of french toast, my favorite, and spoiled me all day long. After church we came home and I relaxed in my room while everyone else prepared dinner for me. Steak and fried potatoes, yum, yum! I sure love being a Mom to these kids and always love having a day to be appreciated!
Rylee made a couple of things in school to give to me, a picture hanger and a magazine cover she drew of me with a paragraph written inside about why I am Mom of the Year. 
"There are many reasons why my Mom deserves to be on the cover of People Magazine. One reason issue is the best cook ever. For my lunch she makes me a sandwich, fruit, vegetables and crackers. She sometimes makes me dessert like cookies and brownies. Next she is awesome at doing my hair. She does my hair every day, she makes me look beautiful and she always puts bows in my hair. Finally she is my best friend. She always hangs out with me. When there is no school she takes me shopping. Obviously that is why my Mom should be on the cover of People Magazine.
Love,
Rylee"
She is such a sweetheart and I love everything she wrote!
There were some things for the house that I have been wanting/needing from Bed Bath and Beyond and so I made a list for Kefford to make it easier on him of things he could have the kids get me for Mothers Day. I got a new paper towel roll, silicone muffin tins (my old ones are so old and rusted I wanted some that would not rust) and a doughnut maker from Ryker and Avynlea. I did not get the kitchen towels I had put on the list and I am guessing it's because they were online only and Kefford just went to the store. I was pretty happy with these three items and have already put them to good use!
Avynlea made me a magnet and some "why she loves me" tags at Activity days. At school the class were making keychains for their Moms. Avynlea originally had the idea to make a mickey keychain and got a little frustrated when more then half the class stole her idea. Her friend gave her the idea to change mine to mermaid fins. I love it! Such a cute and creative idea. I am just afraid to use it because I do not want it to get broken.
Kenedy got me some Nike running tights which I am super excited about. I have the exact same pair in blue and love that I now have a pink pair as well! 
Rylee picked out this Mickey necklace for me which was really sweet and she was so excited to give it to me!