Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mile Run and more Fun

For the past three weeks I have taught our friday night dance classes solo. Kim, the teacher in charge, had to be away with the company kids doing dance competitions and so I have had a stressful three fridays. I am the assistant and have not done the choreography for these classes we teach but with her being gone I had to try to clean up the numbers, try costumes on, and teach the rest of the choreography  to the elementary age kids. As much as I love the girls we teach they are a hard bunch to teach solo. It is especially hard when we are so close to recital and it is up to me to get them through these last weeks. Luckily Kim will be back this friday and I can go back to being the assistant. :) I took this picture of our pre-teen girls after they put on their suspenders and glasses for a nerd dance they are doing, I then sent it to Kim to show her how cute they look. I really do love teaching Dance and although stressful at times it is a lot of fun and highly rewarding!
I found a couple of pictures on my phone that Kenedy had taken without my knowledge. I posted the second one on instagram with the caption "When you play with my phone the results get posted". She is lucky I didn't post the first one on instagram although posting it here might be sorta the same thing. :)

One morning I was getting ready to run on my treadmill and I quickly pulled my bangs back in a booby pin. I hate running with any hair touching my face so it all has to get pulled out of my way. I really didn't take any time to make it fancy just haphazardly pulled it back but what result was a perfect bump that usually is super hard for me to achieve when I am trying. I liked it so much I left it in place for the rest of the day. Yes I did shower after my run, no I did not wash my hair. :) Why ruin a perfectly good bump with a hair washing?
On Saturday Ryker, Avynlea, Rylee and I got to run a mile in the Meridian School District fun run. Kefford was busy setting up a booth for the youth appreciation day in Emmett with Keneny so it was just the four of us. Ryker decided to run at the front of the group with the fifth graders while the rest of us stayed back with the second graders. We decided to split the difference between Avys third grade and Rylees first grade groups. It was a super cold morning and their was a bitter wind that did not make it any better. We were so cold and I was pretty unhappy while waiting for the start time. Backing out and waiting in the warm safety of my car did cross my mind a couple times. Finally it started and we took off. Avynlea ran up ahead with her friend Alexandra while I stayed with Rylee and kept her at a steady pace. I told her we were going to run the entire way and she was down with that plan. I was really proud of her not once did she complain about being tired or wanting to stop, she stayed positive and stayed running. We encouraged each other and when we were getting close to the finish I told her we should run faster so we put on a burst of speed and sped our way to the end. At the finish line we found Ryker and Avy who said they also ran the entire way with Ryker finishing in the top 20 which was pretty awesome. The kids got medals and that was the best thing ever according to Rylee. She was so excited to get an actual medal!

After the race we hurried to the car and drove to Emmett to help Kefford and enjoy the Youth Appreciation Day. Once we were done with our long day we came home and Rylee put her medal back on and informed me she was going outside to brag about her medal. She cracks me up! It was a fun day and running with my kids was fun and makes me think we should do it more often.
Avynlea, Rylee and Alexandra